Jambands.ca

question about staying in whistler

KarinGarage

I'm thinking about taking a ski trip to Whistler and was wondering if anyone knew of any reasonably priced places to stay in whistler; the closer to the lifts the better. anybody got ideas? Also, if we go, i'll need a "hook up" while I'm out there, so if anyone can help me with that, that be wonderful. we're thinking about going in mid march if anynoe else wants to go and share a place.

hope everything is going good in canada-land!!

hugs and love to ya all!

As far as affordable accommodations, Whistler is really an expensive town, and the only economy hotel is The Shoestring Lodge: http://www.shoestringlodge.com/. The Shoestring is not pretty, or near the gondolas, though, which are right in "The Village" or at "Creekside".

There are also a couple hostels in town, which are ... well ... hostels, http://www.hihostels.ca/hostels/BC/BCRegion/Whistler/Hostels/ but they're relatively cheap. They're also not really near the gondolas, but if you want to stay within walking distance of those, it's pretty much all expensive.

Also, keep your eye on www.upstreamentertainment.com for any "jammy" shows that might be playing up here. (The best venue in town is actually attached to the Shoestring Lodge. It's called The Boot Pub, and Zilla will be playing there on March 25th.)

See you then!

EDIT: I just noticed KevO posted while I edited this. ... You don't need to be a student to stay at the hostels, but there is a UBC Lodge here somewhere as well. That one requires you to be a UBC student.

Edited by Guest
Because it looked like KevO was being redundant due to my earlier edit.