Jambands.ca

Stephen Harper's Cabinet

ollie

why aren't all the Big-C and small-c conservatives screaming bloody-murder about someone switching parties? Oh yeah cause they switched to their party. Fucking retarded conservative hypocrites. I hope Herr Harpur's reign makes Canadian history as the shortest lived parliament.

I hate politics for this very reason: say anything to get control, then forget everything you said to get there (and yes Liberals are as bad at this as anybody). Double-speaking, jive talking......

Might as well have someone from Vancouver have a say in the cabinet. Considering they were shut out across the board in the cities. It'll be good for the olympics (IMO). But I agree... since the election was so close... he should of run as a Conservative. Though, I hardly would endorse your brand of sladerous alternative.

IMO if you say you hate politics... you hate the community (from Plato's definition). By the sounds your comments this is true.

I keep thinking that for the next election I want to show up at rallies for all the parties with a great big placard that will point out in a few words that there is nothing whatsoever that binds a candidate to any promise he or she might issue during a campaign.

you need to postition youself so that you will be i the TV shot with a big sign simply stating

*not a guarantee. this information presented for entertainment purposes only."

:P

I keep thinking that for the next election I want to show up at rallies for all the parties with a great big placard that will point out in a few words that there is nothing whatsoever that binds a candidate to any promise he or she might issue during a campaign.

you need to postition youself so that you will be i the TV shot with a big sign simply stating

This is a great idea, one that should grow to become a nationwide movement. Consider me the first member of the east coast branch -- you'll just have to remind me next election time. :P

Oh, and Birdy, you're not dreaming. Google David Emerson for all the details.

I don't have a problem with party jumping in many cases, but to do so immediately after an election is a real kick in the teeth for everyone that voted for the guy, especially in a historically NDP riding. I was watching the tube after the cabinet was announced and both Harper and MacKay were asked about Emerson's switch. Both said he switched parties "in a very non-partisan way." What the fuck does that mean? How can can one move from one party to another in a non-partisan way?

This is a great idea' date=' one that should grow to become a nationwide movement. Consider me the first member of the east coast branch -- you'll just have to remind me next election time. :P [/quote']

you will recieve your official magic marker in the mail shortly :)

acording to the Globe -

"This is shocking. It's just unbelievable. Who was Stephen talking to? We campaigned against this kind of stuff," the MP said. (a veteran Conservative MP from Western Canada said of the appointments )

The Liberal riding association in Mr. Emerson's Vancouver Kingsway constituency asked him yesterday to return nearly $100,000 he received to fight the recent election.

"You would not have received those funds . . . if you ran as a Conservative," association president Ivan Curman said in a letter to Mr. Emerson first obtained yesterday by CTV News.

"Countless people donated money to support the election of a Liberal candidate in our riding. Some gave what little amounts they could afford to support the election of a Liberal MP," Mr. Curman said.

The local riding association transferred $96,755 to Mr. Emerson's campaign, he said.

"That money was spent to elect you as a Liberal, not as a Conservative," he reminded Mr. Emerson.

He said that Mr. Emerson can put the ideals of honour and integrity in politics -- that he spoke of often in the campaign -- into action by returning the money, resigning and running in a by-election.

"Let the voters have the opportunity to choose a Liberal to represent them as they did only two short weeks ago."

He said that Mr. Emerson benefited from countless hours spent on his campaign by 300 volunteers.

"Your actions have made their gifts of time meaningless."

One radio talk-show caller said he was almost speechless at what he called a "brazen display of anti-democratic behaviour.

"I mean, I've still got newspapers in my recycling box that have David Emerson slamming the Conservatives," he told CKNW host Bill Good.