Jambands.ca

More Ipperwash

Dr_Evil_Mouse

i don't. but at the same time, i loathe the idea of giving governments free reign.

i think in times to come some thinking outside of the box and outside of the traditional spectrum needs to occur in order to roll with it all. especially when our solutions don't tend to "solve" anything, but instead just buy time waiting for the inevitable.

perhaps that can be said of the history of the world though, just buying time waiting for the inevitable.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey i never said how efficient it was! ;)

i'm sure we could argue (as d_rawk says) until the cows come home just how accountable "accountability" in both the public and private sectors really is.

but look at martha.. from all impressions of her pre-jail days i thought she was a bitch. at least she 'seems' to be warming up now. i mean there are signs that she is human. that's a step. :)

There's no doubt that the quality of care that private health care gives is much better than public health... this issue is they cannot afford to give it to everybody, and public health care is obligated to give it to everybody.

The bigger question/issue is about coperations in general, and their nature to look inwards to reach a minimum level of quality vs. their lack of compassion for anything outside of their juristiction/point of sales, wether it be a Private Clinic, Microsoft, or MapleLeaf Sports and Entertainment.

Also, the lines are not clearly drawn when it comes to private/public health care. Sure the people that run it, put you in the queue, and give you the drug and treat you are 'public', but the medicines and machines are all derived from private sources.

In a monopoly, the pharmaseutical companies (especially because of what I said above, and patents) can charge whatever they want, and do... competition would actually lower the prices on these comodities, and may actual save the public system money.

Its not so much about money, but the relative nature of it, and how to make it work more efficently (more bang for your buck).

hmmm... this is about Ipperwash... how'd it get to this point...

Oh the two teir vs. Private thing... A rose by any other name? perhaps... I'm not completely sold, but we gotta do something no?