Jambands.ca

Kalling K-Town recording heads -edit-or anyone for that matter

geomouse

I've been having a helluva time getting a whack of wave files transferred from an old thinkpad onto disc. They were recorded with Cubasis4 as a straight LR stereo track but every time I try to burn them to disc using Nero I'm unable to replay them...I'm getting deserate and frustrated with the entire process so basically I'm looking for any input from anyone who has a bit of time to offer some tips here and help me sort it out. Free copies would be available to all when I get these ducks in a row! Most of the stuff is live Harvard Mouse shows with some other free form jam sessions and some original geomouse tracks mixed in...If you need more detail on the hardware/routing and such just let me know and I'll provide...

geo

Edited by Guest
realized that I was being exclusive and that was not the intention...pardon

I was having problems with Nero a month ago, with sorta the same issue.

I bought the computer in december (brand new), so I was puzzled what the issue would be. I was directed by a trader friend to check microsoft security updates.

The specific update I required was this one:

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: x86 (KB829019)

No idea if this will help you, after I installed the update I haven't had any CD burning issues, its pretty easy to check & worth a shot.

What do you end up with on the burned CD? I'm assuming it won't play in an audio CD player (like a home stereo), but what happens if you put it in the CD-ROM drive of the computer? I'm thinking that you might just be burning the Cubase file to the disc as a data file (so you end up with a data CD, not an audio CD). Also, is the file produced by Cubase a .WAV file? If it isn't, you probably won't be able to make an audio CD out of it. (I don't use Cubase or Nero, so don't know the specifics, though.)

Aloha,

Brad

Thanks guys, appreciate the time...I'm getting the impression that most of my problems are unique in that it really depends on the hardware and software combinations. I'll look in to the updates I'm missing as well as the end product being an actual .wav file....It looks like the Cubase creates both a .wav file as well as another type and stores it in my harddrive and then I may be pulling the wrong one out to burn...Any recommendations on the best media player to use with Cubase? Seems that every internet based one has alot of extra programming attached that conveniently completes things for me that I don't particularly want or need.

I thought it was likely something simple that I'm too much of neanderfeck to figure out.

Tonin has graciously offered to drop by and look at how the feck its all set up and we can bang our heads together or against the wall about it for a while...ttfn

geomouse