Jambands.ca

Magic Beer

Bennyd

I put this in a new thread

(thought it deserved it)

But even better here is a recipe for real magic beer (not just hemp flavored with the magic kick as well)

Use your pressure cooker to infuse the herb into a quality honey now known as green honey. Next brew your fav. homebrew and replace the priming sugar with your new honey. You can even use herb when you add your flavoring hops but this will only give you a flavor and no active THC. (but it helps with placebo) I would recommend a honey wheat with light German hops so the full magic flavor comes out. This also requires more honey and therefore will be more potent.

My friend (a seasoned beer drinker) bet me he could drink a six pack. I said were on and he finished four of them before he clamed to be hallucinating, he said that the walls were vibrating so we took him outside for fresh air and he didn’t want any more. I drink about 2 and then move to the non/magic beer myself.

Wow, that sounds wild...

You can also just drop a little magic into your bottle of favourite hooch, and let it sit for a couple of months. I did this with vodka one, will definitely do again!

Heady hot chocolate works out real well too. Hot chocolate mix, milk, a shot of rum, some cinammon and a pinch of magic. I let it bubble on the stove for half an hour and strained. Very magical!

If you don't have a pressure cooker, you could always just do as stated above...throw a little bit of green into the cheapest vodka avaialble, let it sit for a couple of months, filter, and add a bit to any beer you want. Adding this "Tincture of Cannabis" to any beverage will produce the same desired effects as above! (i.e. you'll get high).

The tincture mentioned will work but it does throw the flavor of the brew way off (something that a good brewer would not want to do.) however this does work.

I call it green dragon shots.

One thing to mention about the honey, it is all a little different. Summer Honey has more water and less sugar than fall honey. The real trick here is to just get quality honey. The darker in color the higher the sugar levels (this is good) for a standard brew kit (five gallons) about 2.5 or 3 lbs of honey. Also, honey does not contain any of the amino acids that yeast need for nutrition. Therefore when you are brewing with honey you need to add yeast nutrient to the batch (should be available at a brew store or online.

Now get a muslin bag (also available at your local brew store)or cheese cloth type membrane and put in your Herb (I use about 1 lb of good sugar trim, less is needed for potency if you use flowers but you lose overall green flavor so I recommend the crystallized trim)

cook the honey with the bag in the pressure cooker at no more than 175 F for about 30 min.(no longer) remove the bag and behold your

"Green Honey"

Now for the Wort. use your honey in any mead or Honey Wheat recipe. Don’t forget to save a cup of the honey for your priming sugar when you bottle in two or three weeks

By the way all these measures are in my archaic American system you will have to convert to your needs. Fahrenheit/Celsius ect…

You wont believe it when you try your first Magic Beer

Have fun brewing!!!