Jambands.ca

Some Nice Vintage Guitars

Laws

PepperJacks;Thrusday 23rd...WOW some awsome gtrs. with some great slide action with Sam Hurrie and Doug Cox. Dange on the Console was at his best making the room Glow with sounds of Dobros and old Wood..Harrison K was on stage(when i finally got there)Always a Pleasure to hear him. The end of the night was esp cool when a few other playa's got up to play along to DES's version of She caught the cady*(*did i fix the spelling ok? ).Some sweet sounds and a great place ta hear those great sounds. Thanks for the Listen...LAWS

Edited by Guest

Great chillin' with & meeting ya last night Laws.

[color:red]edit to add

The vintage guitars in question were (to the best of my memory)

1930 National Mandolin

1930 National Guitar

1951 Gibson LG1

?? double neck dobro

?? Celtic cross double-neck Weissenborn**

?? OMI Dobro

**Ben Harper has copy of this one according to Doug Cox.

Edited by Guest

Great to see you guys last night. Thanks for the nice comments. It was a highlight of my time at Pepper Jacks. Thanks to the generous invite to sit in, I have now played with someone who played with Jimi Hendrix. I got the story from Sam that he had a house gig at the Scene in NY, and Jimi came in to play while recording at Electric Ladyland. In fact Sam was one of those musicians that went back to ELL with Jimi to record. It was like a relief to hear that Jimi had a real friend in Sam Hurrie. It was very cool of him to let me play his 1951 Gibson too, after messing around with Doug's custom Dobro from Smithers BC.... What a thrill. And to lead the guys through She Caught The Cady with Harrison on harp...unforgetable. This ranks up there with boosting the Codetalker's bus with my car, and spending the day with Jimmy Herring. Oh and handling Garnet Rogers' 1954 Stratocaster 0014. My job rocks....Cheers everybody.

Great to see you guys last night. Thanks for the nice comments. It was a highlight of my time at Pepper Jacks. Thanks to the generous invite to sit in, I have now played with someone who played with Jimi Hendrix. I got the story from Sam that he had a house gig at the Scene in NY, and Jimi came in to play while recording at Electric Ladyland. In fact Sam was one of those musicians that went back to ELL with Jimi to record. It was like a relief to hear that Jimi had a real friend in Sam Hurrie. It was very cool of him to let me play his 1951 Gibson too, after messing around with Doug's custom Dobro from Smithers BC.... What a thrill. And to lead the guys through She Caught The Cady with Harrison on harp...unforgetable. This ranks up there with boosting the Codetalker's bus with my car, and spending the day with Jimmy Herring. Oh and handling Garnet Rogers' 1954 Stratocaster 0014. My job rocks....Cheers everybody.

Dear Doug;

you reek. that is all.

sincerely

kevin