Jambands.ca

Fat Cats w/ WhattheThunder Said & a good cause

edger

Hey all, throw on your dancin shoes and get ready to shake it on down for a good cause.

This coming Saturday (March 4th) the Fat Cats with special guests What the Thunder Said will be playing at the Starlight Lounge (K-W). All proceeds will be going to support POGO (Pediatric Oncology Group of Ontario) an organization that provides funds for childhood cancer research, financial assistance to families with cancer, while adovcating for equal access for all of Ontario's children to state-of-the-art diagnosis, treatment and service. (see www.pogo.ca for more info)

The Starlight is a great venue, and this night should be loads of fun, enhanced even further by the fact that proceeds will be going to a good source.

Hope to see you all out!!

Hey Sara,

You beat me to it by about 10 minutes ... you must have posted this as I was typing out my message! Here is my message:

Hey everyone,

Fat Cats are playing this upcoming Saturday March 4th at the Starlight in Waterloo. The Starlight is a really nice club, and this show is a fundraiser for a very worthy cause … the proceeds are going to the The Pediatric Oncology Group of Ontario (POGO), which is and organization that was founded in 1983 by a group of pediatric oncologists to champion childhood cancer care and control. The organization’s web site is at www.pogo.ca

The doors open at 9 p.m., advance tickets are $10, What The Thunder Said opens, and there will be a raffle for one of Jimi’s djembe drums.

I was speaking with Todd Gillies from Fat Cats about this show, and he is really hoping to get a bunch of people out for this. This show is a class project for one of the classes he is taking at WLU, and his partner in the class has had some pretty heavy experiences with her daughter and cancer over the past year.

Hope to see some of you there.

Peace, Mark