Jambands.ca

Exact Audio Question? Audio Nerds this way

The Chameleon

Hi Audio peeps,

I posted a while ago and was on the cusp of converting my music collection to losseless digital format.

Well I'm on my way and have FLAC frontend happening along with Exact Audio Copy for ripping. It's formatted too, however it has some glitches, that I'm sure are a result of something not set right so, here's my questions:

1. Sometimes EAC ripps audio with little breaks in the track. Then I have to go back and re rip to get a clean copy? Am I ripping too fast or something?

2. Can you make it so that EAC dumps the ripped audio in to a folder of the name of the album?

3. I have got CDDB working with EAC, but it only writes the song names to the file, it omits the album and artist name. So then I have to go back in an edit the tags, whcih kinda defeats the purpose. How can I fix this?

Any advice would be great, I've been trying to fix this problems for a while now, and ya'll were super helpful last time.

Mad respect!

Edited by Guest

"Sometimes EAC ripps audio with little breaks in the track. Then I have to go back and re rip to get a clean copy? Am I ripping too fast or something?"

i have found that is usually a result of the original burn being too fast, or there might be scratches on the disc.

i do remember, when i ripped my cd collection, it was usually the first or last track in the cd that it would create skips through.

There is a f'n awesome program called ID3Tagit that you might want to get. Mattm, on this board, told me about it. Its very powerful, in terms of changing around ID tags, filenames, etc, for music files. Fast, powerful and easy, you can fix everything right up.

"Sometimes EAC ripps audio with little breaks in the track. Then I have to go back and re rip to get a clean copy? Am I ripping too fast or something?"

i have found that is usually a result of the original burn being too fast, or there might be scratches on the disc.

i do remember, when i ripped my cd collection, it was usually the first or last track in the cd that it would create skips through.

Yeah this"little braks " thing s makes the program almost useless.

I don't think it has to do with the disc either. Some of the discs were brand new out of the package, with no scratches at all. Laso EAC is suppose to be able to rip scratched discs, due to it's variable bit rate and high quality read.

Thanks tho! :)

Skips occur when the sync was lost and the drive had to reposition again and started on a slightly different position.

Laso EAC is suppose to be able to rip scratched discs, due to it's variable bit rate and high quality read.

"Supposed to" & what it actually does are two different things remember. Try a different ripping program & compare.

Skips occur when the sync was lost and the drive had to reposition again and started on a slightly different position.

Laso EAC is suppose to be able to rip scratched discs, due to it's variable bit rate and high quality read.

I can try another one, but the reason I was attractedto EAC was the high quality rip. Is there another that is comparible for lossless audio? I don't want sacrafice quality.

Thanks for the info Esau.

"Supposed to" & what it actually does are two different things remember. Try a different ripping program & compare.

I don't want sacrafice quality.

Well, in my opinion, if you have skips or "gaps" occuring...then you ARE sacrificing quality. But thats just me.

[edit to add]

Remember to make sure you have EAC set correctly to run on your computer also.

Edited by Guest