Jambands.ca

Baseball Standings - April 9th

Caspien

The Live Draft has won the vote, 11 people voted for it with only 6 people left to vote. BUT the problem we have is that for some reason (maybe because we're not paying for the league) is that we can't start voting at 6pm on Sunday March 26th (this is the only day that doesn't allow this time.)The latest we can start the draft that day is at 11:30am. I am going to pick this time temporarily. We could have it the next day at 6pm or the previous day maybe at 2pm. If I get overwhelming interest to change the day and time I will, otherwise the Draft date and time is 11:30am Sunday, March 26th.

I hate getting up early on Sundays but it might be the only flexible option.

The Commish

Edited by Guest

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voting, so far... (6 teams left to vote)

Live Draft wins with 11 votes. (only 1 for Auto Pick)

Whoever wins, WINS with 10 votes (2 don't care)

Bench players yet to be determined...

7 voted for 2 Bench players

4 voted for 5 bench players

3 Don't care

DRAFT DATE & TIME: Sunday, March 26, 11:30am

Too bad you missed it. It seemed to go well and it only took 2 hours. Im not sure how good the turnout was but it seemed liked about half or more was there.

You can ask me ask questions. I'm the commish of the league, so you can email me through the fantasy site or you can just ask questions here. There will always be a topic for this league near the top of "Rich stadium". I'm sure if im not around to answer someone will.

It's not that silly to ask that question, it is a tough answer to explain. But here goes. If you still don't understand I would suggest looking in the help section of fantasy baseball or waiting for someone else to do a better explanation on this site.

Here is how the waiver list works. Right now if you go to Add Players, you will see that there is a number of players that were not selected in the draft. The whole league has free reign over these players but when you add a player you will be asked to drop someone to keep in line with the amount of players allowed on each team. But what if 2 teams want the exact same player at the same time? This is where each teams waiver ranking comes into play. If anyone has a higher # ranking then you and try to pick up the same player, then they get the player and their # ranking will become last in the league. Now the thing is, all of these players will be on waivers for 3 days from the time of the draft, which means if 2 people go for one player within those three days then they give the player to the higher ranked team. After the 3 day period the players will become free agents where it is literally first come first serve. ALSO, if you drop a player from your team, at anytime in the season, they go on the waiver list for 3 days before they become a free agent. Its kind of complex but its fair because everyone has a chance at any player that is cut from a team, as long as they notice within 3 days.

By the way the current waiver ranking is just the reverse of the draft that happened today. Ie. I picked 8th overall in the draft, now my waiver # is 12, the person who drafted 1st overall has a waiver ranking of 20. Everytime you successfull pick up someone off waivers your ranking will go down to 20 and everyone else moves up.