Jambands.ca

Baseball Standings - April 9th

Caspien

So far it seems like we have equal interest from both Jamhub and Jambands, so I thought of an idea that might encourage a Rivalry between the sites.

SO SHOW YOUR JAMBANDS LOYALTY AND SIGN UP SO WE CAN BEAT THE SNOT OUT OF THE JAMHUBIANS.

I thought that it might be a good idea to split the league into 2 divisions. This would only be useful for CD distribution, meaning that the winner of each division recieves a CD from all the losers of the division, and whichever division averages the most points receives CDs from the losing divison. Something like that.

I would just like to know your thoughts and ideas on this.

Also, if you are in the league or are joining the league

Could you please put the initials JB or JH (JamBands or JamHub) at the end of your team name.

ie. Caspien's Trip (JB)

YOu can edit you team name by going into MY TEAM then into EDIT TEAM INFO. This is just temporary until the season get under way so I can find out who is from where.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have 10 teams so far.

10 more teams allowed!!!!

As Jack Bauer would say:

"Get your team in, NOW!!!

WE DON"T HAVE MUCH TIME!!!"

Right NOW Jamhub.ca has a slight edge of 3-2 signed up, with 5 that haven't shown their allegience.

Edited by Guest
Slight change in statistics!!!!

15 Teams

5 Available

Jamhub & Jambands are TIED 6-6, 3 Non-Allegiences

Does anybody know what site these users are from?

Red Sox

BAD NEWS BEARS

Rustico Rockets

The Ticklers stated he is representing Jamhub.ca.

Edited by Guest

Some people on jamhub.ca think it might be unfair to have some people live draft and some people autopick, I tend to agree.

I'm thinking of having a vote on the issue. I was also thinking of having a time limit and the rest should autopick once you log off. I do agree that it might be unfair and I was also thinking, instead of having a 1st and 2nd place, have a 1st place autopick & 1st place live draft aswell, where both teams split the winning CDs.

MY PROPOSAL for how things should be done.

Every team loses 2 cds at the most

1st place gets 10 cds (from 2nd - 11th place)

2nd place get 7 cds (from 12th - 18th place)

3rd place gets 2 cds (from 19th -20th place)

Last place gets 1 cd (from 1st place)

The Jambands vs Jamhub idea I have is :

Say we have 10 teams from each site.

take the total points from the top 6 teams from each site.

The reason I say the top 6 is because their is always teams that lose interest and stop updating their teams.

Whomever has the most points wins.

If jamhub wins,

1st place Jambands gives a CD to 1st place Jamhub

2nd to 2nd

3rd to 3rd, etc

IF WE HOLD A LIVE DRAFT

Every team has a choice of live draft or autopick.

We set a Live draft time limit say 2 or 3 hours, the rest autopicks.

The winner of the teams that did not participate in the live draft automatically places 2nd place and recieves 7 cds, but only if they didn't place first overall already. If a autodraft team places 1st overall then the 1st place Live draft takes 2nd place.(sort of like how division winners in hockey automatically place 1,2,3 for playoff seeding)

If anybody has any ideas, let me know.

man its getting confusing already.

why cant we just say we're having a live draft, if you cant make it, you forfeit your opportunity and your team gets autopicked and you live with it - like a GM getting fucked with a low payroll budget - ya gotta work with it...

Im fine with that too. Either way works for me. Once we have all 20 teams signed up I'm going to send out an email with the options (my proposal / all autopick / Live Draft if you can't make it thats your loss).

We'll decide it by vote.

If anybody has any other ideas let me know,

otherwise its one of those 3 options.

man its getting confusing already.

why cant we just say we're having a live draft, if you cant make it, you forfeit your opportunity and your team gets autopicked and you live with it - like a GM getting fucked with a low payroll budget - ya gotta work with it...

My proposal is sort of like revenue sharing, It gives the low budget teams a realistic shot so they don't give up and sell their teams.

Good to see you in Booche.

We are officially full!!

For anybody who doesn't check their yahoo emails here are the voting options. If you haven't emailed me already you can let me know here. This is the email I sent:

Hey everybody,

Thanks for joining the league. I really wasn't expecting to fill all the spots. i guess there is more baseball fans then I expected. Well this should prove to be an interesting pool, with so many teams we're going to be dealing with a lot of batting 8th & 9th in the lineup role players. And the waiver/free agents available are going to be slim. This fits in nicely with the way that I set up the scoring system. I tryed to make it so every aspect of baseball has value (except defense because good defense can't be measured well by statisitics), runs, hits, doubles, triples, HRs, walks, RBIs, Sacrifice Flys, Stolen Bases, Bunts all count and Strikeouts, Ground into Double Play (GIDP) Caught stealing, cause negative points. I also made it so the point value for star pitchers are just as valuable as star hitters. In the league settings area you can see all the values for each statistic.

The prizes go like this:

Every team loses 2 cds at the most

1st place gets 10 cds (from 2nd - 11th place)

2nd place get 7 cds (from 12th - 18th place)

3rd place gets 2 cds (from 19th -20th place)

Last place gets 1 cd (from 1st place)

Jambands vs Jamhub:

We have 10 teams from each site.

take the total points from the top 6 teams from each site.

The reason I say the top 6 is because their is always teams that lose interest and stop updating their teams.

Whomever has the most points wins.

If jamhub wins,

1st place Jambands gives a CD to 1st place Jamhub

2nd to 2nd

3rd to 3rd, etc

Anyway, on with business. We need to vote on a few things. If you could get back to me on this ASAP or by Monday at the latest it would be appreciated.

1. Would you support holding a Live Draft

(Sunday, March 26th 6pm, held through the Yahoo Fantasy site, Players that do not show up uses the Autodraft structure and players can show up and leave the draft whenever they want, autodraft will take over)

YES / NO / Don't care

2. IF we do hold a Live Draft, Pick A, B, or Don't Care

A.) Every team has a choice of live draft or autopick.

We set a Live draft time limit say 2 or 3 hours, the rest autopicks.

The winner of the teams that did not participate in the live draft automatically places 2nd place and recieves 7 cds, but only if they didn't place first overall already. If a autodraft team places 1st overall then the 1st place Live draft takes 2nd place.(sort of like how division winners in hockey automatically place 1,2,3 for playoff seeding)

B.)Just hold the Live Draft and whoever wins, WINS!!

3. Do to the large number of teams signed up, I was thinking of reducing the number of bench players from 5 to 2. This will give people a little bit more options when looking for free agents.

Pick A, B, C or Don't Care:

A.) Leave it at 5

B.) Reduce to 2

C.) Reduce to 0

IF THERE ARE ANY TIES IN VOTING, I DECIDE BECAUSE I AM THE COMMISHIONER!!!

Good luck everybody and thank you all for making the jamband community what it is today.

I LOVE MUSIC!!!

The Commish

Edited by Guest