Jambands.ca

Red Zeppelin :: Whole buncha gigs (Hamilton-Toronto-Kingston)

TheGoodRev

I'm still rockin it out with Red Zeppelin, fronted by the incomparable Joan Smith. Come see us slay the Zep classics and (almost) forgotten favourites at the following gigs:

Tuesday, March 28th

McMaster University

Bridges Cafe

Hamilton, ON

Benefit for a group of Mac students heading to Mexico City to do some relief work.

$PWYC, with a suggested donation of $5

Also on the bill: The Front Runners and Charlemagne, whose first record, I don't mind mentioning, I am in the process of producing.

Saturday, April 1

Crowbar

577 King Street West

Toronto, ON

with Franklin's Fault

$TBA

Saturday, April 8

Clark Hall Pub

Queen's University

Kingston, ON

Two sets @ approx 11 and 12:30

support TBA

$5

Friday, April 21

Clinton's Tavern

693 Bloor Street West @ Clinton (Christie subway)

Toronto, ON

Two sets @ approx 11 and 12:30

with special guests The Jack Keroac Knapsack Band

$5

Yeah, we're a tribute, but we're good. If you have an itching to get loaded and hear some Zeppelin, come on out to one of these*. Cheers!

*Except the Bridges gig, they don't serve booze there.

Edited by Guest
no booze, man

That's tough, Brad. None of us know anybody in Ottawa (except for me, what with the Skank connection, but I'm not expecting all of you to pour in for Zep tribute). Maybe a pub that holds ~100-200? "Decent sound" is kinda just wishful thinking...we can make a bad sounding room sound good :).

I think that expecting 100-200 people to come out for an unknown out-of-town band's first show in Ottawa is a little unrealistic; I think 50-100 is a better target; if it's an early weeknight (Mon-Wed), the numbers will probably be even lower.

For those numbers, Cafe Dekcuf would be good (I think its capacity is about 80), as would Irene's Pub.

There is, however, another LZ tribute band that does shows in Ottawa: The Vibe Remains The Same. They're at the stage where they're playing bigger venues (like The Rainbow and Barrymore's).

Aloha,

Brad

Well, we'd be talking about a weekend to start. So far the Zep deal has allowed us to bypass the whole process of playing weeknights until we draw a crowd large enough to merit giving us a weekender.

Anyway, I think a pub that books bands is perfect for us, especially because it seems that people enjoy getting loaded and being blasted with Zeppelin. I'll look into Dekcuf and Irene's, thanks for your help Brad.

Thanks dude. Just edited the post to indicate two sets in Kingston and at Clinton's, and the fact that 'getting loaded' will not be possible at Bridges, where they don't serve booze. We'll still rock though.

I don't know if this is implicit or not, but upon looking at the Vibe Remains the Same site I realize that most Zep tributes try to present some sort of theatrical presentation with costumes and identical gear and such. I will say that the other Red Zep guitar player (not me) plays the Epiphone version of the Gibson doubleneck, but that's really more because it's important musically. Otherwise, we're young folks wearing regular clothes, guaranteed not to make you feel as though you're watching four versions of your dad on stage (see: Michael White).