Jambands.ca

Ottawa - creme fraiche?

d_rawk

There is a bunch of stuff that I still don't know where to find in Ottawa. Of course, I can't think of most of those things right now but one ...

Anyone know where to find creme fraiche in Ottawa? I'm guessing somewhere in the market. But where?

I beleive I saw that heavy duty cream at The House of Cheese (one of the cheese places) in the Market near Saslov's.

As well, there is a thick cream at the Latino store on Somerset. It's not sour cream, but pure cream and it's preferred in mexican cooking apparantly. We tried it instead of sour cream with quesadillas and tacos, as a topping and it was quite delicious. It also worked well as a cream in a sauce.

Thanks guys. Good link bradm ... for some reason I had it in my head that it was a bitch to make. I think I must've been thinking of piima cream where you need a starter culture and if the temperature shifts a degree this way or that you've lost the batch. Sounds good and easy. Excellent.

I'll check out the Latino store, too. I haven't been in there myself yet, but meggo likes it for tomatillos and stuff, I think.

Well, you can't always get fresh Tomatillos there (actually do they only have canned?), but you can in the market at the fruit/veggie store.

I confirmed yesterday that House of Cheese has Creme Fraiche. It's about $6 for 500 ml tub.

whatcha making?