Jambands.ca

Stevie Nicks with Tom Petty at bonnaroo?

TimmyB

Billboard reports that Stevie Nicks will be opening for and performing with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers for Petty's first eight gigs.

I don't know if Stevie Nicks will be slipped in before Petty as an opener at bonnaroo, but at very least I hope she comes out on stage with Petty that night to perform "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around," "Insider" and/or "Needles and Pins."

Tim

from www.billboard.com

Stevie Nicks Joins Opening Leg Of Petty Tour

Stevie Nicks

May 26, 2006, 11:00 AM ET

Clover Hope, N.Y.

Rock star Stevie Nicks will open the first eight shows on Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' Highway Companion tour, which kicks off June 9 at the Verizon Amphitheatre in Charlotte, N.C.

Nicks' performances include two shows in Virginia and a June 20 stop in New York's Madison Square Garden. Her final appearance on the outing will be the June 21 gig at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield, Mass. Nicks is scheduled to perform a selection of songs with Petty.

Former Phish guitarist Trey Anastasio will also support the first eight shows, which will be followed by six double-bills with Pearl Jam through July 2-3 in Denver.

The second leg of the tour in July and August features the Allman Brothers Band and the Derek Trucks Band. Opening acts for the third leg in September, which includes a Sept. 17 headlining appearance at the Austin City Limits Festival, have yet to be announced.