Jambands.ca

Toronto International BBQ & Blues Festival

CyberHippie

Is going on this weekend in the City. Takes place on Steamwhistle property, between Skydome and the ACC. It's FREE!

For those who can't afford Spearhead Saturday night, you should check out the Dexters from 9:30-11:00pm. It'll be a great set of music!

For more info: http://www.steamwhistle.ca/bbq/1114.htm

Here's the free stuff:

Friday July 11th

5:30–7:00pm - Grant Lyle & Brotherhood

7:30–9:00pm - Johnny Max

9:30–11:00pm - Sidemen

Saturday July 12th

1:30–3:00pm - Jack De Keyser

3:30–5:00pm - Big Daddy G

5:30–7:00pm - Rockit 88 Band

7:30–9:00pm - Dave Rotundo

9:30–11:00pm - The Dexters

Sunday July 13th

1:00–2:30pm - Mark “Bird” Stafford

3:00–4:30pm - Raoul & The Big Time

5:00–6:30pm - Tyler Yarema Band

And the $10.00 Stuff:

Thursday July 10

Train 45, featuring Kelly Hoppe from Big Sugar

Friday July 11

Featuring Bedouin Soundclash

With special guest Vernon Buckley from the Maytones

Saturday July 12

Ron Hawkins Acoustic Review

Whoa CH, I don't know how I missed this! I'm usually pretty on the ball when it comes to outdoor events involving large amounts of craft beer, BBQ and music together! These are a few of my favorite things...

I may be down for some of this, have to play it by ear 'cus we've got rehersals for next weeks big Seth/Hux dealie, and I've got friends coming into town for the Indy that I want to hook up with, blah blah blah... but we'll see, you thinking of going down for any particular acts?

Thanks for the tip! [big Grin]

Peace,

Mr. M.

I've seen a few of these acts - Sidemen and especially Jack De Keyser I highly recommend. Mark “Bird” Stafford is supposed to be great as well. I'm not sure about Kelly Hoppe's band, but obviously I know the Big Sugar stuff. And Ron Hawkins was/is the singer for Lowest Of The Low, probably not exactly straight blues stuff but Ron is an excellent performer and writer so whatever he does will probably be very cool.

- M.

Archived