Jambands.ca

Ekoostik Hookah recomendations

frescolopez

Yeah, I've not bothered to check it out because it just is not feasible for me to download... super slow dial up. When I'm able to get high speed then I'll further investigate.

That 7.27.02 is good. I've talked about it before on here... it's a rare 'acoustic' show. They do a couple a year. It isn't exactly a good representation of what the band is all about, as far as being a hard hitting jam rock band.

A few of the members go solo for a few songs at times... there are also different intrument arrangements here and ther (banjo, mando...)

Don't get me wrong, I do urge you to get it, as it's quite a gem and has a ton of awesome songs. Acoustic versions of normally heavier songs sound very nice. I do, however, also urge you to get a rockin show too!

Fresco, if i were you i would start with the 12/13/01 and 12/14/01 shows. Get them both. It is a fantastic run and the 12/14 still get regular play in the vehicle.

Many of these are MY favourite songs and they are also good "beginner" songs. You will hear the Loner and be hooked for life [big Grin]

Loner (09:10)

Silver Train (07:01)

The Masquerade (08:10)

Been Down That Road (10:42)

The Risk (09:08)

Cold Water (06:56)

Change (11:13)

Through Hiker (11:30)

Hush (10:28)

Lax (08:31)

Life Is Good (11:30)

Thief (07:24)

Ohio Grown (07:29)

Keepin' Time (10:52)

Indica/Sativa% (06:08)

Seahorse (10:13)

Bone (07:38)

The Streetbeater [sanford and Son theme](08:03)

Encore:

Alexander II (11:43)

Just checked out their site and there are some shows there. Haven't dl'ed any yet but think I will [smile]

any suggestions BB, Chatham crew?

Hookah Downloads

4-16-02 Mariner Inn on the Cliff

Negril, Jamaica

4-13-02 Mariner Beach Club

Negril, Jamaica

4-12-02 Mariner Beach Club

Negril, Jamaica

4-21-00 Beehive Theater

Pittsburgh, PA

6-19-99 Mariner Beach Club

Negril, Jamaica

6-18-99 Mariner's Inn on the Cliff- Negril, Jamaica

6-16-99 Margueritaville

Negril, Jamaica

12-31-98 Newport Music Hall

Columbus, OH

10-31-98 Newport Music Hall

Columbus, OH

6-28-97 ComFest

Columbus, OH

Hookahville's

Spring 2000 Buckeye Lake Music Center - Thornville, OH

Fall 1999 Frontier Ranch

Kirkersville, Oh

Spring 1999 Buckeye Lake Music Center - Thornville, OH

Fall 1998 Frontier Ranch Kirkersville, Oh

Spring 1998 Frontier Ranch Kirkersville, Oh

Hey Pinchy! ... maybe start with these:

Definitely some solid stuff there!

Info:

4/16/2002

Mariner's Inn on the Cliffs Negril JA

Set1 Bone, Sister Sugar, Moonstone-> Voodoo Stew, Caravan, Zimbabwe, Only Falling, Ohio Grown-> Keepin' Time

Set2 Crazy Train*, Alexander-> Message in a Bottle-> Alexander-> Alexander II, Schwa, Riversong, It Takes a Lot to Laugh...A Train to Cry, Hookahville, Chicago, E: Hot Dog, Seahorse, Ecstasy

Comments The Sunset Band opened; *denotes 1st time played (done reggae-style)

5/26/2000

Buckeye Lake Music Center Hebron OH

Set1 Good Time (Merry-Go-Round), Lax, Lost Sailor*^-> Saint of Circumstance*^, China Cat Sunflower*^-> I Know You Rider*, Float, Anthony's Song-> Keepin' Time, Alexander II, Goin' Up the Country^ E: Rhythm Session-> Chicago-> Hookahville-> Chicago

Comments *w/Bob Weir; ^1st time played; also billed: Deep Banana Blackout, Ratdog

5/27/2000

Set1 ALL: Spiders, Backwoods Rose, Godspeed^, Ol' Montana Red Dog; Dave: Ohio Grown, Dave & Ed: Amber, Ed: The Risk, Cliff: Black-Eyed Susie, Sally Ann, Steve: It Fell Into the Ebb There; ALL: Ecstasy, To Good Friends Past, Dumpster, Red Light Boogie

Set2 Utopia, You Ain't Goin' Nowhere*^, Bone-> Slipjig Through the Poppy Fields-> Playin' in the Band Tease-> Walk Real Slow-> Slipjig Through the Poppy Fields, Two Part Invention, Sugar Jam-> Sister Sugar-> Mini Playin' Vocal Reprise-> Sister Sugar, John Henry, The Streetbeater (Theme to Sanford & Son) E: I Feel Free^, School's Out^, Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting^-> One More Saturday Night^-> Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting

Comments *w/Arlo Guthrie; ^1st time played; also billed: The David Grisman Quintet; Arlo Guthrie

5/28/1999

Set1 Hookahville, Ecstasy, Bone, Another Good Man Gone-> Lady Vanilla, Backwoods Rose, Slipjig Through the Poppy Fields, Springtime Again, Throwing Stones* E: Sugar Magnolia**

Comments *w/ Bob Weir and Dave Ellis **w/ Bob Weir, Dave Ellis and the keyboardist and drummer from Ratdog; Johnny Polansky sat in the entire night

Archived