Jambands.ca

Any juice fasting advice?

kung

My femme and I have been on a party favour break for a month now (save Beer...I know that's hypocritical) so we're going to give this a go on monday. I figure that I can keep myslef distracted with work and activity enough to prevent me from thinking about food. I want to be in ship shape for Hillside next week since temptation usually gets the best of me at outdoor venues. I'll report in daily to let you know what it's like for the first timer, although if Kung's reaction is typical I might only make it a few hours [smile] My goal is to make it for three days though so wish me luck.

I've 'sorta' done this same cleanse. Though my spidey senses say it's not that great to shock the bod like this. When I did the master cleanse I took spirulina.

Allright heres what I've got on Spirulina...one finger typing is a bitch......

'Recognized the world over as the most promising of all microalgae, spirulina is being considered as an immediate food resource. Spirulina thrives in hot sunny climates and in alkaline waters around the world. It represents a breakthrough in the production of food, producing twenty times the ammount of protein as that of soybeans on an equal land area.

Spirulina contains concentrations of nutrients unlike any other single grain, herb, or plant. It contains gamma-linolic acid(GLA), linoleic and arachidonic acids, high ammounts of b12 needed (especially by the vegatarian) for healthy red blood cells, high iron content, 60-70 percent protein content, the essential amino acids, RNA and DNA nucleic acids, chlorophyll, green algae, which increased the survival rate of mice with liver cancer in nasty laboratory experiments.

Spirulina is a naturally digestable food that aids in protecting the immune system, in cholesterol reduction, and in mineral absorption. Spirulina is beneficial while fasting. It supplies the nutrients needed to help cleanse and heal, while also curbing the appetite. The hypoglycemic individual may bebefit by using this food supplement between meals because its high protein content helps stabalize the blood sugar.' Prescription for Nutritional Healing-James F.Balch,M.D. & Phyllis A.Balch,C.N.C.

[smile]

I think a 3 day fast (once a month at most)ought to be enough to rid the body of toxins. A 10 day fast once a year(never in my opinion) is probaby the most extreme one should ever go. 2o days and you're a fool or have an eating disorder or crave a heart attack or have a myriad of other dissfunctional shit going on...DONT DO IT. I think if you did 3 days a month w/the master cleanse w/spirulina....I don't think you'd need to go longer. From all that I've read on cleanses it's 3 days to detox.....then all the days after seem to be about "healing"....and thats where it gets too flakey for me....anyhoo enough...

Archived