Jambands.ca

Muzo on the Middle East

radioheady2+2=5

Dear Friends,

Print is one of the few ways new ideas can spread beyond space and time and although the following is not music related, I think that you are the types of people who can continue to spread the message.

Madness has gripped the Middle East again and unfathomable amounts of pain is befalling so many. How can this be understood when it is quite clear to anyone that death and destruction is simply wrong on all accounts? People cannot live this way and should not experience tragedy that is completely preventable; the cause is purely in the hearts of humans and not an occurrence of nature such as a Tsunami. People, including myself, instantly take sides unwittingly trying to shield ourselves from the guilt we must feel when people are dying and suffering, by claiming that their side is in

the right. I have come to believe two things. The first is that the factors behind decisions leading to these events wielded by those in power to do so are way beyond what any of us, including the media pundits, can know. What is really happening in the corridors of power have always been beyond the awareness of the people and we fool ourselves to think otherwise. You think

you know? You don't.

My second belief is that those of us not in power positions are really the ones who can be most effective because we can be in touch with the simple truths that are connected to the sustaining flow of life. In light of the

current Middle East events, one simple truth has an opportunity to become more evident. It is that all peoples everywhere are members of one human family. There are no Israelis or Palestinians, or Lebanese or Canadians,

etc. There are no Jews or Muslims, or Hindus or Christians, etc. These affiliations are of our own making; their historic roots were never valid as definitions of a person although in past times they were of some utility to the advancement of humanity. Today sectarian conflict is devastating populations in so many areas of the world. How long will it take until we appreciate this? How many will have to die or suffer before the enduring truth that we have always been one people is understood.

In this newest conflict, as in all the others, I will not take sides. I will not listen to partisan thinking. I will only have my mind set on that day when the delusion of barriers between humans is gone. This consciousness is powerful because it rests on a deep and abiding truth.

When held by billions of us, it will manifest its reality, and human affairs will change.

- Muzo

Clinton's Tavern Friday July 28

693 Bloor St. West

When held by billions of us, it will manifest its reality, and human affairs will change.

Unfortunately there's not much hope for this while we allow Corporation to rule the world. As North Americans, we are all in positions of power whether we admit to it or not. Our collective purchase power alone is enough to change the world. Choosing sides in these partisan battles is perhaps irrelevant, as you suggest, but stoical inaction in the face of it, is tragic. Thanks for speaking out radioheady... I would guess that it's a lot more than most of us are doing. Hope to see you Friday.

Cheers,

Margaret

u mean writing a bunch of cleche, unrealistic idealism is a great way to promote a show?

humans have been living as tribes/communities/societies and battling for territory/power/resources since day one.

its in our nature....what seperates us from the beasts is that we are concious of it...its the great human tragedy...

i can only strive to be concious of my own actions and try to live a better life...but war, suffering, starvation etc will always exist...and there is little you can do about it....especially writing nicely...that does very little.

my philosphy is this:

humans will destroy the earth. its the greatest thing we will ever achieve....its a beautiful concept....i figure, i might aswell do everything in my power to make sure i witness it.

I find it funny that it took the media to blow this up for us to realize to start thinking more about conflict, when Darfur is still raging on with more than 2 million already massacred. We should really focus on all that's important, not just one conflict.

I find it funny that it took the media to blow this up for us to realize to start thinking more about conflict, when Darfur is still raging on with more than 2 million already massacred. We should really focus on all that's important, not just one conflict.

absolutely right

"u mean writing a bunch of cleche, unrealistic idealism is a great way to promote a show?"

Are you an angry person?

I guess I should have figured there are people on this board that would find a way to bash what I wrote and dumb it down into "a bunch of cliches."

You are the biggest deterrent to achieving what I was getting at. It is your continued comments that maintain the idea that what I wrote is "unrealistic idealism." I appreciate your arguement but I think we can both agree that yours is cynical and does no good for humanity. Nevertheless, you are entitled to it.

www.muzomusic.com