Jambands.ca

God I Love my Job!!!

Freeker

Just scored some free comped tickets to John Scofield and Bitches Brew. They told me i could have pairs of tickets to up to 4 shows, but I couldn't think of any others shows I wanted to see, plus I felt I was already sucking from the karma teet to much. Finally this place is paying off!

quote:

Originally posted by ahess6488:

Me too. They are sending me to the UK for meetings in September. Woohoo! Draft Bass Ale on corporate credit cards, well I never!

Who else loves their jobs?

As much as I love Bass, the UK has something better, beer-wise: hand-pumped real ales. Most decent pubs that I've tried (Newport, Wales; London, England; Edinburgh, Scotland) will have at least one or two taps for real ales, and they're worth a try, being a very different experience from even most British beers you get on tape. They're usually served warmer than regular beers, are often cloudy, and have an "alive" taste to them. It's like the difference between Wonder White Bread and fresh whole-grain bread made at a local bakery.

Damn...now I'm thirsty...

Aloha,

Brad

Hmm..sounds good. Are they cask conditioned, hence the cloudiness? What's the advantage of hand pumping (save the jokes children)

Copious beer sampling is definitely on my to-do list. I've been told that the UK headquarters of my organization even allows drinking on-site, and since they'll be entertaining visitors from overseas there will no doubt be parties.

I love work..but I f'ing love beer!

P.S. Any other brand reco's to try, beers that we can't get here?

quote:

Originally posted by ahess6488:

Hmm..sounds good. Are they cask conditioned, hence the cloudiness? What's the advantage of hand pumping (save the jokes children)

"Real" ales are not filtered, artificially carbonated (thus the hand-pumping), or pasteurized. They're brewed, put into the keg, and shipped to the pub. The first time I had one (Hart Amber Ale, cask-conditioned, on draft at the Royal Oak in Kanata), I commented that it tasted like homebrew (also not filtered, artificially carbonated, or pasteurized). The guy who introduced me to it said, "No, this is what homebrew aspires to be."

quote:

P.S. Any other brand reco's to try, beers that we can't get here?

It depends on where you go; if you can, ask what's local. As with the U.S.A., the market at home is incomprehensibly more vast than what gets exported.

Aloha,

Brad

Ha...pretty bad I know. Anyway back to the topic at hand..

It's all about Blanche de Chambly. never tasted as good as it did buying it at the depanneur in wakefield and drinking it on the other side of the tracks [smile] Sounds similiar to the ales you're talking about although blanche is a white beer.

Oh, and two hours later I still love my job.

Archived