Jambands.ca

Take me to the river...........

Dr. J

Off tonite to catch the Spades @ Smuggler's Run on the St. Lawrence. Bit of a civic holiday tradition. Last time around some chick threw her (or somebody's) panties on stage. Kid you not. Must have had a Tom Jones moment.

Ah the pitfalls of rock 'n roll.

I recall when James said to me after high school he was going to dedicate himself to music. I took him aside to have a heart to heart explaining the tremendous challenges and hardships musicians face in this fair country of ours. I knew I'd touched him deeply for he looked at me and said, "Fuck you."

Knew right then everything would be alright ;) hahaha

Rock on. Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend wherever you may be.

I recall when James said to me after high school he was going to dedicate himself to music. I took him aside to have a heart to heart explaining the tremendous challenges and hardships musicians face in this fair country of ours. I knew I'd touched him deeply for he looked at me and said, "Fuck you."

Knew right then everything would be alright ;) hahaha

LOL, nice tale! Did the Spades play at the Strawberry Jam party this summer in Peterborough? I wonder how that event went this year. I was there last year for the first one and it seemed like a perfect small homegrown party with great future potential.

Did the Spades play at the Strawberry Jam party this summer in Peterborough?

I don't think so, KevO, but James recently did a songwriting workshop at the Canadian Authors Conference which was held in Peterborough and later the boys did an acoustic set for participants. Bit of a different gig and a blatant attempt to make money and achieve some level of respectability :o they unfortunately (or fortunately) failed on both counts.

On a different note, things got off to an unusually slow start at Smugglers last night, but an absolutely blistering version of ESP/Eleanor Rigby sent folks scurrying to the dance floor and the night never looked back ;) good times. I need sleep.