Jambands.ca

LCBO Learn - Cooking Classes

bouche

LCBO Events has cooking classes along with wine tasting, wine appreciation and other events.

One of the great gifts of my birthday was a paid seat for the Bali and Singapore event.

Ottawa in July may have nothing more in common with Bali or Singapore than humidex warnings, but participants in tonight’s class can close their eyes and be transported to that exotic corner of the world. Chef Dave Fairbanks has traveled extensively around Bali and into Singapore and brings the intoxicating cooking smells and flavours of these to the LCBO Events Kitchen this evening. Indonesian and Singaporean cuisines offer sophisticated flavour palates that blend Indian, Chinese, and Malay traditions but are much less available in this city than the ubiquitous Thai and Vietnamese cuisines. Take advantage of this class to sample two fantastic but hard-to-come-by cuisines at the hands of a skilled master.

The experience was FANTASTIC. You're seated with a bunch of other foodies and there is a the local LCBO wine expert on hand. The 2 hour event is hosted by a Chef and his trusty side-kick Sue.

They took me through preparation and cooking of a few courses and dessert based on the theme. You get to eat a nice portion of each course and the wine expert pairs each course with a selection from the LCBO. You get a nice little primer on tasting and then you eat and drink your way through the meal.

It was extremely fun and I learned alot. It inspired me to buy a giant banana leaf for presentation of this wonderful cuisine, along with a jar of shrimp paste!