Jambands.ca

THE MOTET!!!

SolarGarlic

OK, seeing as how its Friday, most won't even look at this post...ANYHOW, If you're looking for some new tunes to check out, head over to archive.org and get yerself some MOTET. Ive been grooving to these since last summer and HOT DAMN are they good. You can check there dates on the website ....Some of you ONT freaks might be wanting to travel to see them in NY or something. Im totally serious, download some of there music and give it a spin.

Definitely have been feeling the Motet. They're part of that new breed like Soulive, Slip I guess Galactic but doesn't that dude sing in Galactic - the Houseman cometh. Also feeling your border pains Esau, hope on the horizon for you. I want to believe the international police state hasn't won quite yet.

I just reached a place

where the willows won't bend and how long before I get to the end

I'm going

I'm going

I'm gone

The thing I like about the Motet is how their show changes so much over its entire duration. They go from almost and old Santana like sound to jazz and then right into some crazy jam that you would hear at a rave or something. And just when you thought things were mixed up they'll even toss in a cover of "Into the Mystic". Cool for sure.

If you get a chance, check out the Halloween show they played a year or two ago. The entire night is them doing Herbie tunes.

Another great act you guys might want to check out is Zony Mash.

Archived