Jambands.ca

some quick dreamweaver help?

Blane

anyone good with using this program?

I'm trying to edit a page, and I have a number of links on it. I want to add some text that will appear when you hold your cursor over the link. For example, the link is text that says "Module 1" and I want the text that appears when I put the cursor over the link to say "Introduction".

WHat's that called in dreamweaver? Thanks!

rollover images in your "insert" or "layer" menu... i cant remember what it's called... essentially the link boxes, or text, will have to be images, and you just insert them in a layer, it'll ask you what is the main and what will appear when rolled over, you just map 'em like you would inserting anything into a layer, and there'll also be a "link to" option you can fill in.

thats the only way i've learned how to do it in the past, and i dont have the program up in front of me so the terms/menu might be a little off, but close...

(there might be an option for rollover text, but my photographic memory isnt showing me those words... im only seeing "rollover image")

im not good with all the ins and outs of using style sheets, but have you checked out those? i've used them to keep my text and links clean on the page, but i dont know if there's an option in the style sheets for rollover text...

i've been using dreamweaver for a while and i dont recall ever seeing, or learning, how to do straight up rollover text... if you figure it out, i'd love to know as well!