Jambands.ca

know any jamband venues in Calgary?

fretman

Ya Canmore is the best, but its an hour west of Calgary, I think I'm going on Aug 1 or 2 to see some Slammin Jack, and Blue Quarter is playin on the 3. Shit, Monday is a Holiday, maybe I'll have a long weekend out in the mountains.

In Calgary, there isn't really a jam venue, but some cool places to check out might be;

Kaos (Jazz/Blues) on 17th SW

Ironwood (folk/roots) in Inglewood on 9th Ave SE

the Drum and Monkey (4th ave 12th st SW) on a Tuesday night for some sweet dub at the pub

we've been hitting up the Atlantic Trap and Gill (Mcleod Trail and about 44th) on weekends for some good east coast tunes but it can be hit or miss

Pick up a FFWD newspaper every Thursday for live music in the city.

Shoot me an email, the Solar Garlic and I are usually given'r on the weekends, well he tries anyway. [Wink]

peaceinjam.jamesd.

jamdavie@hotmail.com

peaceinjam.jamesd.

Right on C-Towns, thanks for your advice....I actually went to Kaos when i was there before, it was during a jazzfest(Alain Caron..excellent bass player).....I doubt I'll make it to Canmore, Gonna be working some pretty long hours for the first few days,... i should be able to get out a few nights at the end though(I hope)...Might even stay a couple extra days, maybe till the 12th or 13th, instead of the 10th..

I loved Calgary last time I was there, just didnt know where to go....these suggestions will help alot..thanx

Hey fretman: Whenever I'm in town I just walk along 17th and check out everything that sounds good. I think I usually end up at Koas too. That's the place with a Hammond organ as a permanent fixture right? There are definitely some other cool places along 17th: It just depends what you're into at any given time. If you're looking for fine dining, check out a restaurant called 'Blonde'. My friend is the executive chef there and it is absolutely awesome. It's a bit expensive but worth every penny. (Especially if you get to spend company money. [Wink] )

quote:

Originally posted by c-towns:

What does your job entail, if you don't mind me asking? Seems odd to come out to Calgary for just two weeks. Glad to lend a helping word, maybe we'll give'r when your here!

peaceinjam.jamesd.

I build signs and displays for West 49 stores, takes me all over the country, maybe I'll email you a few pics, or go look at the stores in southcentre and sunridge malls, although we did those a few years ago

.....we definatley should giver, I'm there till the 10th, but I'll be workin long days mostly, but I'm sure I'll get out a couple of nights at the end, hopefully its the weekend

Archived