Jambands.ca

US/Canada FENCE?

bouche

A proposed and favoured fence that mimics the one which has been in the news seperating the US and Mexico could end up on the northern US border.

I do wonder if that's really a big deal. If I'm going to the states, I drive a CAR on a ROAD that takes me through some gates. Why should I give a shit if there is a fence along non-carworthy sites?

What do you guys think?

A proposed and favoured fence that mimics the one which has been in the news seperating the US and Mexico could end up on the northern US border.

I do wonder if that's really a big deal. If I'm going to the states, I drive a CAR on a ROAD that takes me through some gates. Why should I give a shit if there is a fence along non-carworthy sites?

What do you guys think?

animals, who have no nationality, do not drive cars, and would have a hard time clearing customs without the necessary paperwork. this would totally play havoc with migratory and seasonal movements of all manner of animals.

(niffermouse just walked in and read the CTV story with me...her bon mot, "that's facked.")

not to mention that fencing is expensive. the neighbours had their back yard done at like $15 a linear foot. 1km = 5280 ft = $79,200 per km.

even with a volume discount, this is going to get expensive. not to mention the *ahem* hikers in BC who depend on a porous border to transport crop to market :P

worst.

idea.

ever.