Jambands.ca

FS: 8th row Red Hot Chili Peppers tix

Kanada Kev

My bro-in-law has a contact who needs to unload tix. PM me if you're interested and I'll set up a connection. They are TicketFast tix, but this is a personal connection, so have no fears:

2 tickets for Red Hot Chili Peppers for sale. He wants to sell them for " face ". $99.00 each. There are 2 tickets. They are 8 rows back, on the floor, from the Front.

Sari's contacted the seller. I have no idea if they've come to an arrangement. When I find out, i'll post here. I was helping out a friend-of-a-friend kinda thang.

I'll let the seller know that you were second in line if it comes down to it :)

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

Edited by Guest

How was the show????

It was incredible! The Mars Volta put on a fantastic opening set. You either like them or you dont, and I like them - a lot. I want them to come back and play a small club again.

And the Chili Peppers proved that they still have it after more than 20 years. John Frusciante is one of the most under-rated guitarists out there. He's REALLY good. Anthony Kiedis can still kick it into surfer punk overdrive, and if the crowd had a tenth of his energy, we would have leveled the building (but we didnt :( ... Hello Toronto?). And what can you say about Flea - the man IS the Chili Peppers. His distinctive bass drives every song and his boyish clown look (he was dressed in a pink patterned leotard) and frantic jumping is just so much fun to behold.

An assortment of hits (Under the Bridge, Give it Away) but a lot of new songs from Stadium Arcadium, which was cool by me. That album stands on its own as a solid representation of all of their various styles over the years. The lights were very impressive, filling the backdrop as well as the entire ceiling over top the floor. When ya pay a hundred bucks to see a show nowadays, you kinda begin to expect a spectacular, and they delivered.

Overall, a very solid A. What did others think?

Edited by Guest
Oakland pic removed - better pics from TO uploaded by questcequecest?

An assortment of hits (Under the Bridge, Give it Away)...

I'm going to see them on Friday and I can't wait!! But I really wish they'd be a little more adventurous when dipping into the back catalogue. They've played these 2 songs on the last four tours, and they are typically the only older songs they play (save for the occasional Me and My Friends encore). I think their best albums are Uplift Mofo and Mother's Milk so it's a little frustrating. I would kill for a Good Time Boys, Subway to Venus or Fight Like a Brave.

the show last night in toronto was great! thanks for the hookup kanada kev.

the mars volta failed to impress me, playing pretty much to my expectation. the bass and guitar players faced their speaker cabinets a lot possibly for feedback and distortion, and there were a few others playing percussion and keys in the shadows, while the lead singer jerked around the stage. it was ok.

the lighting effect for the chili peppers was impressive. there were lights all up the backdrop and across the ceiling of the arena. plus, 7 ufo (round truss) things, each with several mini spots and one large spot that did tricks and moved all over. ...and four large screens moving about the backdrop.

they played well too. it seemed like a lot of newer material with which i am less familiar. really liked the encore, 'i could have lied' and 'give it away' plus a funky jam to cap it off. they also played one cover and a tease/rockout/jam ending, but i can't put my finger on the titles.

pictures in a minute...

the show last night in toronto was great! thanks for the hookup kanada kev.

My pleasure! Glad I could help out you, Sari and the guy needing to unload the tickets to some good fans. Looks like it was a pretty good vantage point for the show as well.

All these great shows lately ... i'm itchin' to get to some more :)

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

Edited by Guest

they also played one cover and a tease/rockout/jam ending, but i can't put my finger on the titles.

John Frusciante performed some wonderful solo stuff in Toronto - Carol King's Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow (also performed by John Lennon and the Shirelles) - during which the teen foursome in the row behind queried "Is this their song?", and For Emily, Wherever I May Find Her by Glenn Yarbrough (performed by Simon & Garfunkel).

Frusciante has a really beautiful, Garfunkel-like voice. Some at the shows may have thought his solo was jarringly slow, others incredibly beautiful. He's managed to fly under the radar with his solo stuff, despite actually releasing SEVEN albums in 2004/05.

And they also teased "London Calling" by The Clash and "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvava.

Nice pics, questcequecest? :)