Jambands.ca

TUES OCT 24 at CAMERON HOUSE: THE SURLY YOUNG BUCKS finally hit TORONTO!

TheGoodRev

Early warning for you all. I know it's a school night, we'll try not to let it go too late. Please note that I'll be playing pedal steel and guitar with Mark, and other members of the Bucks will be filling out his band, along with Isaac Klein on drums. It promises to be an awesome night; hope some of the Toronto folks can make it out.

Tuesday, October 24

THE SURLY YOUNG BUCKS

and

THE MARK WEINSTOCK BAND

The Cameron House

408 Queen Street West

Toronto - 416-703-0811

The Surly Young Bucks

1172060963_l.jpg

We all play a bunch of instruments, to varying degrees of success; we all make our best attempts at singing and writing, to varying degrees of success. Our heroes are The Band and Neil Young. We call it folk-/country-/roots-rock and roll. It's a down-home country boy's soul music, and we hope you like it.

Music at thesurlyyoungbucks.ca

Mark Weinstock

411650191_l.jpg

Some people call Mark Weinstock the folk soul prophet; others say he’s a celestial balladeer, combining profound storytelling with an effortless blend of musical influences. His unique gift for creating an intimate connection with his audience has attracted loyal listeners from across the continent and overseas. Everyone participates at his shows whether singing along or taking part in one of Mark’s on the spot art projects, musical game shows or jam-a-longs. He’s also established himself as a popular educator, bringing his workshops to schools, communities and festivals across North America.

myspace.com/markweinstock

Having used the word "surly" in class as an example of an "-ly" word that isn't an adverb, I'd found myself wondering if "surlily" would be the appropriate adverb. Then last night, reading LOTR to my daughter, I saw that Tolkien himself makes use of the word.

Just thought I'd share (it ain't easy being a grammar geek).

So, then, do you play your music surlily?