Jambands.ca

FS/FT moe. Friday 13th .... 2 tix !!! (got my Ratdog?)

Kanada Kev

moe.jpg

This show is now SOLD OUT!!!!!

I have 2 tickets that i cannot use. Friday the 13th could be your lucky day ! ! !

Does anyone out there have extras for Ratdog on October 28th???? I'd love to work out some sort of exchange of some kind ideally.

The wife is up for a weekend in Barfalo at a Ratdog show ... moe. just doesn't cut it with her.

Get in touch asap, and we can arrange for details.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

chuck.jpg

Chuck at Broadway Joe's (surprise gig in '97) ... that was a fun show! (remember, BigWoolyMammoth?)

Edited by Guest

chuck.jpg

Chuck at Broadway Joe's (surprise gig in '97) ... that was a fun show! (remember, BigWoolyMammoth?)

I remember that show very well. It was the day after the Toronto Furthur show.

moe. just kept going and going and going. We were ready to go home but didn’t want to leave ‘till it was over which was at like 3 in the morning – and they had to drive to their next Furthur gig in Pennsylvania (?) so we figured that they’d end it kind of early. And I was taping the show (the days when Brendan was still doing the sound and they allowed board patches). We were both ready for bed and still had the drive home ahead of us – they came out for the encore, which I thought would be something short, and then went into something like St. Augustine, I think.

It was a long show. Tiny little venue as well. I've got a couple of more pics from it somewhere ... and that ENCORE? Good memory. See below.

moe. 07/10/97

Broadway Joe's, Buffalo, NY

Set I

Bring You Down, Dr. Graffenburg > Jazz Wank > Buster, Time Again, Don't Fuck With Flo*, The Harder They Come**, Spaz Medicine > Seat Of My Pants > Seasame Street Theme**

Set II

Cryptical Envelopment > Meat# > Cryptical Envelopment > Recreational Chemistry, Salt Creek##, Cripple Creek##**^, Spine Of A Dog, Happy Hour Hero, Brent Black, lylelovit., She Sends Me, Rebubula

E: I Wanna Be Sedated > St. Augustine

Comment

* With "Extramelean Curioz" tease. ** First time played. # With "Purple Haze" (Jimi Hendrix) tease. ##With Dave Ruch and Rolf Witt on mandolins. ^ Without Al.

Edited by Guest

BWM, has that show been uploaded? I found

http://www.archive.org/details/moe1997-07-09dnk.shnf

which is the Toronto Further set, and

http://www.archive.org/details/moe1997-07-11dnk.sbd.shnf

from Hershey, PA, two days later, so I'm guessing it was on 1997-07-10?

Aloha,

Brad

Yup - that would be the correct date. They couldn’t announce the show due to their furthur contract - they weren’t allowed to do any other shows during that tour. As long as they didn’t advertise the show everybody was cool with it. You just had to know about the show. The venue didn’t even list moe. on their marquee.

I’ve got the cassette masters. I never entered the digital age when I was taping. I used a D7 cassette recorder. If you’d like to convert them I’d be glad to lend them to you.

I forgot about that cryptical>meat>cryptical. That was the furthur influence.

That was an epic show at that point in time. Wow - almost 10 years ago

I'm fine with that Afro-Poppa. When are you heading down to the shows?

If there is anyone who can use 'em before hand, they are more than welcome to buy them.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

ps - did you ever find your Ratdog ticket yet?

Hey, I am heading down to Toronto tomorrow to pick up my parent's car and then heading off to Buffalo...if you wanna give em to me then that's cool.

No I didn't find my Ratdog tickets yet but I plan on just going and hoping for the best.

Sounds cool. I'll be downtown all day tomorrow ... work :(

I'll be out for lunch (eating ) but other than that, i'm good to meet anytime.

Looks like a lot of people are looking for Ratdog tix now! Cross your fingers and hope a lot of extras show up :) There were folks left outside for the show last year :(

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

They couldn’t announce the show due to their furthur contract - they weren’t allowed to do any other shows during that tour. As long as they didn’t advertise the show everybody was cool with it. You just had to know about the show. The venue didn’t even list moe. on their marquee.

Wasn't it advertised as a "monkeys on ecstasy" show? I was at Broadway Joe's a couple of years ago and seem to recall a local kid telling me about it...

They couldn’t announce the show due to their furthur contract - they weren’t allowed to do any other shows during that tour. As long as they didn’t advertise the show everybody was cool with it. You just had to know about the show. The venue didn’t even list moe. on their marquee.

Wasn't it advertised as a "monkeys on ecstasy" show? I was at Broadway Joe's a couple of years ago and seem to recall a local kid telling me about it...

They have done some shows billed as monkeys on ecstacy' date=' but not this show. It wasn't advertised at all.

looks like they played broadway joes as monkeys on ecstacy in 1999