Jambands.ca

It was just a matter of time I guess (Youtube deletion)

Esau.

I've been awaiting this for quite sometime now, as I know they have been deleting peoples accounts like crazy at Youtube. I uploaded some Joni after hearing they were removing her videos for a test to see how long it would remain, but it seems not only her people are getting uptight with things. The video in question was omitted from the orignal TV broadcast & has never been released officially either.

Heres the email I just recieved from them...

Dear Member:

This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by Capitol of Texas Public Telecommunications Council claiming that this material is infringing:

John Prine - All The Best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjUui_SXqR0

Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to avoid future strikes against your account, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.

If you elect to send us a counter notice, to be effective it must be a written communication provided to our designated agent that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see 17 U.S.C. Section 512(g)(3) to confirm these requirements):

(A) A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber.

(B) Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.

© A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.

(D) The subscriber's name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriberis address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection ©(1)© or an agent of such person.

Such written notice should be sent to our designated agent as follows:

DMCA Complaints

YouTube, Inc.

1000 Cherry Ave.

Second Floor

San Bruno, CA 94066

Email: copyright@youtube.com

Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.

Sincerely,

YouTube, Inc.

Aww well, gone (or going anyway) are the days of good videos on Youtube. Download what you can from them now because from what I've read on numerous blogs, most music videos will be removed eventually, as they are discovered, I assume.

Guest Low Roller

I assumed that when Google bought Youtube that things would go the way of Napster. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

C'mon people! Keep posting on the YouTube forum while you still can!

No no no there's much more to this than it seems. Both YouTube and Google independently had struck a series of agreements with major music publishers previous to the merger, combined there is a great amount of material they actually have legit permission to at this point (don't forget either that Google and Fox own MySpace, and Google makes the fucking maps so there is a ton of consumer information owned collectively - different point). Things like Joni or John Prine where there on labels that haven't settled deals or they have finnicky music publishers or creators that's where things will fall through the cracks.