Jambands.ca

Where are the Ottawa heads at?!

Niplit

What's up everyone. Just moved to Ottawa from Montreal and I'm struggling to find out if and where the Ottawa jam scene exists. In Montreal it seems there's a million plus one shows and musicians all over, while here I'm struggling to even find a band to play with! So, if anyone's got any info on where I should be looking, PLEASE let me know...oh, and if you need a sick drummer, hit me up for sure. Peace!

If you're a musician in Ottawa looking for bands or people to play with, The Ottawa Musician has some good classified ads.

As for clubs, Mavericks and Cafe Dekcuf (which are run by the same people, and are upstairs/downstairs from each other) host a lot of shows that Ottawa jambands.ca people go to. Babylon is another good club (especially their regular Thursday night band The Souljazz Orchestra).

Shows of interest (to me, as least) in the coming weeks in Ottawa include:

As well, this site is a good one for info on the jammy scene in Ottawa. (In fact, a lot of the bands I listed above aren't jambands, even though they share a lot of characteristics with them.)

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest
Add BNB and nero shows.

What he said.

As for playing, having just moved to Ottawa a year and a bit ago, I've been enjoying the open-mics at Irene's Pub (885 Bank, in the Glebe) on Saturday afternoons (though I haven't been since mid-summer; I assume they're still going, though). I've also started up an open-mic myself in Manotick on Saturday nights, which have been on hiatus for a couple of weeks but will be starting back up again on Nov. 11; they're lots of fun, and have all sorts of jammy potential.