Jambands.ca

Should I get tickets ahead for Spearhead?

CyberHippie

yeah big proops to franti for not saying it so much this show. I counted 2 one pretty much in the middle and one before the encore. Both times it seemed appropriate.

i really liked the nice jams they had going on a few times, and the over all i'd say it was a pretty good show

down side.

the place was way too full. I couldn't get around easily at all, and found myself pushed back in the corner for the first bit, then after the 15 min fight to get out side for a smoke, the best I could do was find a spot way in the back. I'm pretty sure that the other side of that club where more bands play is alot bigger. or at least has a better layout.

the sound wasn't so hot in the place, i had a really hard time making out anything franti was saying, and with an artist who talks alot that is kinda important. for a bit in the middle of the set it was sounding ok, but for the most part i wasn't really impressed with it and thought about leaving a few times. I think the system in that side of the club is more set up for the dj's that play there all the time. it seemed to have way to much bass, and high end with nothing in between.

For a club with huge huge lighting system it would have been cool to see some stuff going on with that.

did anyone see the guy with no shirt waling around asking people to fight? that was pretty funny. but all in all i'll still stay i had a good time. franti is defiantly evolving and moving forward.

P.S his sound is defiantly different with out the hand drummer / percussionist he had before, it takes away alot of the earthiness of the rhythms and defiantly hurts the jams