Jambands.ca

Phil Collins-era Genesis to reunite

ollie

No surprise, but I'm a Gabriel/Collins/Genesis fan.

Turns out, it will be BOTH Peter and Phil for the North American stretch (so sayeth the radio). PG has other commitments that prevent him from joining the Europe stretch. Well worth paying Elton prices for (PG's concert was outstanding when I saw it in Toronto...him alone is > Elton).

Carpet Crawlers for sure then, they redid it as a duet (sorta) for one of the recent greatest hits albums.

Don't get so excited ... i haven't seen anything anywhere to substantiate any sort of claim that Gabriel will be a part of the North American tour. ALL he has said, is that he has commitments through 2007. The media is taking that and deducing that he will be free for the North American leg of the Genesis tour in 2008? Then, being "available" is now broken-telephoning into he WILL be part of the tour.

By adding Gabriel (and hopefully Hackett) at a later date, they'd have to totally redo rehearsals, staging, production, etc. It's possible, but i wouldn't count on it.

The thought of Gabriel and Hackett having to suffer on stage while Invisible Touch and I Can't Dance, are being played is positively puke-making :P

Now, on to The Musical Box at Massey (and maybe Hamilton next week ) ....

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

For all of you that know me well know that Genesis are easily one of my favorite groups ever, in all there incarnations throughout all there years.

I was lucky enough to see them back in June of 1992 and I would never state that the lineup I witnessed was watered down.

Yes they had their share of Billboard Hot 100 hits in the eighties and early nineties, yet as Tony Banks stated in their press conference last week, there is another side to Genesis and I personally believe that their "series of shows" will be well represented by both their hits and their longer more progressive material.

After nearly a decade of seeing over fifty concerts a year all around North America, I believe that Tony Banks, Phil Collins & Mike Rutherford getting back together on stage again will bring me across the Atlantic Ocean for the first time in my life to witness at least a couple of these "series of gigs."

I literally spent beyond my means for almost ten years going to concerts, which did not allow for me to travel to Europe. So I believe that this July, Genesis will take me back to my roots (no pun intended).

I must start saving for it sooner rather than later, so I guess I will have to go to a few less gigs in 2007, but I believe it will be well worth it to visit the lands of my forefathers and see one of my favorite bands perform infront of huge crowds that love them much more than North America ever did.

Turn it on again.

Tim

PS Plus I have the former Genesis sideman Bill Bruford tonight in Hamilton! And the Musical Box tomorrow also in Hamilton. It's a good time to be a fan of Genesis.