Jambands.ca

BONFIRE updates & announcements - 2006/11/09

keither

Hey everyone!

Wow... I just spent 3 hours entering all the new e-mails we collected at this Summer's Bonfire Music Festival, so I'm going to welcome all the newbies and get right to the music!!

Here we go!

Bonfire Music & Events Presents...

The 11-piece afro-funk assault from San Francisco

APHRODESIA

With a very special guest spinning afro-funk beats - DJ ROB RIZK

Friday November 10th

The Fairview Pub

898 West Broadway

Doors at 8:30 - show starts at 9:30

$10 admission @ the door

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From our merry band of local yokels...

The serious phat funk grooves of

BAKED POTATO & FRIENDS

With special guests, the psychedelic surf tunes of ORANGE WHIP

Saturday December 9

The Fairview Pub

898 West Broadway

Doors at 9:00 - show starts at 10:00

$7 admission @ the door

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and last, but most certainly not least...

Bonfire Music & Events are extremely pleased to present the headliners of the 2005 Bonfire Music Festival and one of the funkiest bands on Earth for their first visit to Vancouver in 2 years.

GARAJ MAHAL

Following in the footsteps of electro-funk pioneers from the 70's like Herbie Hancock's Headhunters and The Meters, San Francisco's Garaj Mahal burst to life with a unique fusion of melodic, well-crafted songs and bold, explosive jams. A MUST SEE for fans of booty shaking good times!!

Saturday December 30

(with special guests BRICKHOUSE)

and

Sunday December 31 - NEW YEARS EVE

(with special guests TODD TAYLOR BAND)

The Fairview Pub

898 West Broadway

Doors at 8:00 pm - music starts at 9:00 pm (both nights... hours & hours of amazing live music!!!)

Advance tickets $30/$55 available now at the following locations:

Zulu Records - 1972 W. 4th Ave.

Highlife Records - 1317 Commercial Dr.

Beat Street Records - 439 W. Hastings St.

Neptoon Records - 3561 Main St.

Park Plaza Hotel - 898 W. Broadway

Or you can conveniently buy your tix online at www.bonfirepresents.com

Bonfire Music & Events... FEEL THE HEAT!!! ;D

I'm super-excited about the two Garaj Mahal shows! I'm flying out to Vancouver to visit my brother for a few days over NYE, and we're going to hit up both shows. I've never seen this band before, but the live audio I've downloaded and listened to sounds fantastic ... these musicians can play and I love the funky jazzy grooves and cool tones. I'm envisioning a raging dance party!

Peace, Mark

It'll be great to finally meet you Mark. These shows are gonna be EPIC!!! Garaj Mahal always rip it up, and something about Vancouver (their second home) always brings out the best in the band. Not to mention the ripping local openers each night (Brickhouse & Todd Taylor Band) who are both PSYCHED to be playing with GM and are sure to bring their 'A' games. You're in for a real treat brother!

• 2 weeks later...