Jambands.ca

free skiing / volunteer opportunity

Calamity Jane

sounds like there's alot of positive energy swirling around these parts...and here's a neat winter volunteer opportunity in the Ottawa area in case you're wanting to put that kinda energy out there!!!

My school held a volunteer-fair this week (for students to get ideas for their 40 hours of community service) and CADS was there.....

Volunteer skiers are needed to assist in the disabled ski programs

The Canadian Association for Disabled Skiing (CADS) requires volunteers to be ski partners for disabled skiers in several ski programs in the National Capital Region. Programs begin in early January and specifics vary by program -- they are summarized below.

Volunteer benefits include:

~~Free training - to be a ski partner and, as you build experience, to be an instructor

~~Free skiing - on program days

~~Free ski improvement sessions

~~Equipment deals

~~Smiles, fun, and more ...

Requirements:

You are an intermediate or better skier or an advanced boarder and are willing to attend a majority of the program days. You enjoy assisting others and are rewarded by their successes.

it's done at Calabogie, Cascades, Edelweiss, Pakenham, etc

volunteer info

This is a great volunteer oppurtunity...For those of us in Southwestern Ontario here is another orginization that a friend of mine is involved in (she is actually disabled, and grew up with this organization teaching her to ski):

http://www.track3.org/

I will hopefully become involved next year, when I have saved enough money to buy some equipment (its been a few years since I skied last).

Edited by Guest