Jambands.ca

Howard Dean at the Liberal Convention

ollie

Unfortunately I missed Dean's speech last night but I still got to thinking... what would the reaction be if the Conservatives had invited someone like John Cain to their last party convention as a "sympathetic American friend"? (As Dean was described by Liberal pundits last night.)

I'm guessing the outrage would be through the roof and words like "neo-con" would be flying left, right and centre. (Well, maybe not "right".)

I'd rather see American politicians on both sides of the political divide stay out of Canadian politics.

Not only are we going to Ontario ... we're going to PEI and Nova Scotia and New Brunswick and Newfoundland and Nunavut, and we're going to Saskatchewan and Manitoba and BC! And we're going to Alberta and the Northwest Territories and Yukon and Quebec. And then we're going to Ottawa to take back 24 Sussex, Yeeeeeaaaaaargh

did it sound like this?

I'd rather see American politicians on both sides of the political divide stay out of Canadian politics.

I totally agree with you. Among other reasons, too, it's unimaginable that any Canadian politician would be invited out to put in support during an American election; this just comes off as a kind of opportunistic kowtowing.