Jambands.ca

pick two new issues

phishtaper

Pretend you are the managing editor of the Agenda Setting Times. you have the power to put any two new eco-socio-political issues on the front page, which would have the effect of dominating Canadian media for, say a month, and flushing out all sorts of discussion.

What two "new" issues would you push?

I'd go for ...

1) Hypocricy in the Church

2) Companies that screw you (like gas companies that manipulate prices, and Rogers setting bit torrent limits)

brain-storming only please. you cannot slam others' suggestions (see, Im already a controlling SOB }:| )

I'd like to see Canada have a serious and comprehensive discussion about what we plan to do about climate change. I'd also like to see a frank evaluation of how our "free" trade agreements have impacted Canada and our trading partners; one that includes social and environmental analysis in addition to economics.

"The Fifth Estate presents ..." Victims of the Lipid Hypothesis: How 20 years of denial of the existance of transfats skewed the data, and left a dangerous, profitable, low-fat 'health' industry in its wake. Is it enough for the mainstream nutritionists and medical community to admit that they were negligent and wrong, or must they bear some measure of responsibility for the dangers of the dietary fadism that has been the legacy of their stubborn refusal to confront the evidence all these years?

(voice of Peter Mansbridge) Toooniiggghtttt, on The National: First Past the Post in a multiparty Parliament. Why your vote might not count as much as your civics teacher told you it would ... or as much as your neighbour's.

... i vote that we're able to start ripping into them! there's some fantastic topics in this thread..

let's talk! puhhhhhhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

you may begin.

might I suggest we take each into its own thread? (Ive noticed people here stray off topic every now and then, LMFAO :D ... ah, I amuse myself, and really, thats what counts)