Jambands.ca

What is up in Raptor land?

The Chameleon

The Raptors were doing so good. They were close to the top of the division, they had a chance at taking it too...

Now Chris Bosh is out, everyone forgot how to play "D", and TJ Ford is going 10000mph and overrunning the basket and hoisting up a slew of ill-advised threes. The result is a 4 game loosing skid!

Sam Mitchell said this about TJ ford (as quoted in the T.O. Star):

"If you practice as hard as you play you will be an all-star." Ouch!

If we can't win without Bosh then we are in deep trouble for sure.

act_charlie_villanueva.jpg

In other news: Charlie Villenueva is averaging 15 ppg and 7rebounds per game.

Let's hope this turns around soon..

Bosh is the leader. They are nothing without him. 3/4 of the team never played together (as a team) until this season. This streak isn't a shock.

Of course you're right but I always worry when we hang the entire team on one man. Not good.

The thing is, Bosh is their only inside threat. Take him out of the mix and the Raps turn into a shooting only team. And if they don't shoot well, then they will lose. Plus, teams can cover one-dimensional offenses quite easily.

The Raptors will be fine. Colangelo said it himself "...the quickest way to get to where you want to be is through adversity..." I tend to agree with him.

To be honest, I'd rather the Raps not make the playoffs this year and get a good lottery pick in what is shaping up to be an amazing 2003-esque (LBJ, Carmelo, Bosh, Wade) draft...could you imagine the Raps with Joakim Noah, Andrea Bargnani and Chris Bosh as the front court??? Holy jeebus I can...and as far as the Charlie-Ford trade, it had to be done. As not good as we are now, we'd be in even more trouble had we not gotten a true starting PG.

Great win. They are a fun team to watch this year and I can tell theres a bright future for the raptors. I notice that the Chameleon only starts topics about the raptors when they are loosing and rarely posts after a win. I am starting to think he wants to raptors to loose.

Great win. They are a fun team to watch this year and I can tell theres a bright future for the raptors. I notice that the Chameleon only starts topics about the raptors when they are loosing and rarely posts after a win. I am starting to think he wants to raptors to loose.

Then you'll find this recent topic of mine entertaining: http://www.jambands.ca/sanctuary/showtopic.php?tid/236143/

I am thrilled that Bargnani kicked ass the other night. Way to go Raps...

P.S. I start topic swhen the Raps are flagging 'cause I am highly skeptical of thier newest "rebuild".

I do however want them to do well and will give credit where credit is due. And the other night vs. the Magic they looked good.

No Free rides......

stephen_colbert_book.jpg