kc

PJC presents

The Junior Boys

jnrbys_A0122.jpg

With guests:

Laura Barrett: www.myspace.com/laurabarrett

henryfaberge070606zap18small.jpg

and

ablockparentcommunity www.ablockparentcommunity.ca www.myspace.com/ablockparentcommunity

and

Gary Buttrum as guest selector.

Tuesday, December 26th/Boxing Day

Adv Tix: $10, $12 Day of show.

Tickets available at Pepper Jack's and Dr. Disc

Doors open at 9pm, 19+

www.pepperjackcafe.com

38 King William St. (Between James and Hughson)

Hamilton

(905)525-6666

www.myspace.com/juniorboys

www.juniorboys.net

Before there was Clap Your Tapes And Say Art Brut, there was Junior Boys: the proto-blog success story. Starting with a pair of mysterious twelves of smart, crisp electro-hooks, the releases were shrouded in abstract imagery and classic graphic design which hearkened back to the heydays of Factory, Mute and Some Bizzare. The music that poured forth was inspired by the past, present and future all. Last Exit, the album that followed, answered the promise, distilling the last twenty five years of electronic pop music into one potent potable. What followed was worldwide acclaim and live performances, including a marathon tour of North America with Caribou and The Russian Futurists that prevailed over heat stroke, jellyfish stings, speeding tickets, abandoned vehicles, vigilant customs agents and close encounters with quicksand & fuel pumps to deliver a series of uplifting shows that made the travellers forget their woes.

Today, Junior Boys aren't so much a myth as a revelation. The Canadian-based duo have emerged with a pop statement that is easily one of best albums of the year. So This Is Goodbye is a work that exhibits a confident mix of focus, clarity and ambition. From the upbeat double A-side single "In The Morning"/"The Equalizer" (the former being a collaboration with tour mate, Andi Toma from Mouse On Mars), to the somber triptych that closes the album which touches such kindred spirits as Sylvian, Ferry and, yes Sinatra (as with their cover of the ol' blue-eyes classic, "When No One Cares). Junior Boys manage to tease soul and longing out of their machines in a way that few have dared try.

heehee.. junior boys was one of the funniest shows i have seen.

but i don't think it was supposed to be funny... ?

lol i remember you sayin that the last time we were talking Junior Boys meggo! i'm not sold on them just yet but definitely curious enough to see them live.

heehee.. junior boys was one of the funniest shows i have seen.

but i don't think it was supposed to be funny... ?

lol i remember you sayin that the last time we were talking Junior Boys meggo! i'm not sold on them just yet but definitely curious enough to see them live.

i was sold on them last time they played PJC.

there great live.

Last night's show was no laughing matter. This is some serious, down-tempo, sparse, dubby minimalist electronic music. I really enjoyed the Junior Boys live. Very refreshing!! I think now I'll be able to enjoy the 2 albums on a new level. I say check em out! It was a pretty full house too.. I'm estimating 175 people (?).