Jambands.ca

BA Johnston tonite @ Now Lounge, Toronto

DevO

i love BA Johnston... Only seen him twice, but both were memorable shows. No Ottawa stop on the current tour, but hopefully he makes it back here soon.

Bio

B.A. Johnston is a fat lazy chud who lives with his mother in Hamilton, Ontario. He only leaves the house to play shows, work as a fry cook, and to go on sporadic dates that his mom gets for him at her hair salon. He plays sad weird songs about deep frying, pirates, poutine and love on his trurty keyboards and guitar. He also has some cool dance moves and stuff. He has released 3 albums and has spent the last 8 years touring the country on the bus. He has shared the stage with acts like the rheostatics, the constantines, cuff the duke, the silverhearts, the guthries, joel plaskett and tons more, and has toured the country supporting immaculate machine, mayor mcca and falconhawk. He has played such high profile smooze fests like Halifax Pop. Close to the Coast (Charlottetown) and Ranchfest (Vancouver). He hopes one day to be rich and famous, buy a deep fryer for his room, and finally dance with a girl when Stairway to Heaven is the last song of the night.

I've rarely seen tour schedules as ambitious and packed as BA's.. I think he just came off a 40 show tour or something; from St. John's to Victoria. The new album has reached the top 5 in the college charts I think, which is pretty cool. I'm sure he'll be back in Ottawa in no time.

Hey Chameleon, you should come by and check out the show!

Here's a sample tune:

Jesus Is From Steeltown (mp3)