Jambands.ca

Tuesday's Colbert Report

Jaimoe

Easy now...the Gennies arnt so bad, nor is dirt shwa. At least now we can say we were on Colbert, One more thing to put up on the sign when you drive by.

I hate the Generals. I was born to hate them... and I speak for all born and bred Kingston Canadians/Raiders/Frontenacs fans. I hate them almost as much as the Belleville Bulls. And I know: We Kingston fans have suffered a great deal over the years.

I thought it was a weak show and possibly the weakest interview ever done where he was just shoving words down the mouth of his guest. Just my opinion. He did give it to Oshawa, I should see if my GM 3rd Quarter Report is done downloading...

It wasn't a great show, but I think it was a cool segment with Oshawa.

I wasn't giving the interview my full attention, but from what I got from it, I thought the same thing, YATS.

Sometimes Colbert does that thing where he just interrupts and talks over his guest the whole time ... I guess it makes some sense since that is the approach that the people he is parodying take, too, but it's a big turn-off and I just wish he would let his guest make their point.

Did enjoy the Oshawa bit, though.

I found that interview to be almost like Colbert warming up his O'Reilly impression.

he kind of took up the argumentative style of

"I agree with you

BUT

here's exactly where you're wrong, and I'm not going to let you talk about anything else until you admit the one point that I want to nail you on."

that's exactly what O'Reilly does, cuts people off and forces them to discuss what he wants to discuss about.

that might be too deep of a parody for the audience to actually get anything out of it. but I found his different approach to be just kind of a curious oddity more than anything else.

the interview with the National Drug Policy reform guy last week was DREADFUL. The dude was just in 100% scream/confrontation mode with everything that came out of his mouth. Colbert was trying to lead him, underhand pitching some questions, and this guy still went off as if Colbert was the conservative pundit trying to slam him.

the interview with the National Drug Policy reform guy last week was DREADFUL. The dude was just in 100% scream/confrontation mode with everything that came out of his mouth. Colbert was trying to lead him, underhand pitching some questions, and this guy still went off as if Colbert was the conservative pundit trying to slam him.

It was painful to watch, but worth it since it dragged the drug guy out to what he really is.