Jambands.ca

Kae Sun/WTTS: You're The Sound feature

zero

I lived in Ghana for 18 years. I definitely consider myself Human first and foremost with experiences that would make me identify with Ghanaians and Canadians probably simply because I’ve spent some time in both cultures. I think for most people what defines them is their individual experience of the cultures they ingest.

Briallant. I listened to one Kae Sun show, and it didn't really do much for me; I may go back and and re-listen to it (it's the only one currently available).

And the article is a really good read, zero.

Aloha,

Brad

We need a taper out here my friend.

That isn't even remotely what you'd hear if you made it out to WTTS/Kae.

Kae has come a long way since then and well I think we're a slightly more experienced band then the cats you hear on this recording.

Zero, thank you for capturing what's happening here.

Much respect.

Deeps

Thanks guys. Yeah Brad, Deeps is right this is a whole different beast. Like even in the last few weeks and days I'm sure it's changing and growing. Also I think that Brad you may not necessarily dig on hip hop in which case it might be hard to judge Kae's contribution- which is admittedly as much about heart as it is verbiosity.

Also I think that Brad you may not necessarily dig on hip hop in which case it might be hard to judge Kae's contribution- which is admittedly as much about heart as it is verbiosity.

That's true. There's a style of MCing that involves the MC putting out line after line, with very little in the way of recognizable (e.g., verse/chorus/verse/chorus) structure to it, to the point that the song doesn't have a strong identity (as you get with a song that has a chorus, and verses that are all about or related to a particular subject). I think (though I'm not sure; I'll re-listen just to make sure) the show I listened to had that feel to it, which is why it didn't resonate with me. (That isn't intended as a strong criticism, just a statement of how one thing is one way, while my musical resonance is geared another way.)

Aloha,

Brad