Jambands.ca

Back from SCI tour...Still spinnin!

headygouda

Hey skanks... sounds like everyone had a blast on the eastcoast for IT!!! Not too much going on after IT though, you guys aren't as chatty as usual - and i feel the same! Still at a loss for words over an incredible week of music, camping, sightseeing and HORNINGS HIDEOUT!!!

For those who are curious what it was like out there, on the opposite coast of Phish tour, here are some of my highlights:

ANY 4 night warfield run is mind blowing, especially coming out after the show and thinking you're at a phish show (with all the local SF wooks begging for change, food etc). I've never been to the bay area in the summer - they sure have a huge amount of homeless wookies, people even have the nerve to beg for change to see a movie...can you believe it?! Some of these kids had better shoes than me even...

To give ya'll an idea of the intamacy of this whole tour, the warfield run was <2000 ppl each night. Small intimate theatre, great view, great sound...killer shows.

The two shows in hayfork were the hottest shows i've ever been to. A local mentioned that hayfork area was the second hottest city in the world that day, besides some city in india ... it was a scorching 118 deg. F in the day, good thing we got a tip from a local for some phatty campsites hidden away in the mtns with crystal clear swimming holes! Best part is, the band got word of these swimmin holes and decided to come hang with us for the day!!!

Hornings... I will have to leave that for another post all together. Though I've been to 4 phish fests, I knew i could NOT pass up hornings, and i'm glad i didn't. I would trade in all my festival experiences for hornings.

Camping under trees in oregon?! Can't get any better...still at a loss for words, will write more later once decompressed and unspun...

jason

Archived