Jambands.ca

Snowdown/Lake Placid Accomidations

Jakis

We stayed at Art Devlins last year...(reasonably priced if I remember correctly). It's walking distance to the Rink as well as the after-party shows. They had a free shuttle along the main street running to/from Whiteface that stops in front of the hotel.

Don't forget to grab a couple growlers at the Lake Placid Pub and Brewery! Good Stuff!! http://ubuale.com/

Closest to the Venue/Reasonably Priced:

Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn

Adirondack Inn by the Lake

Lake Placid Hilton

Golden Arrow Resort (although I think their prices have gone up)

Crown Plaza Resort

Northwood's Inn

Those are all either right on Main St. or a stone's throw, which makes them a very manageable walk to/from the venue. The Northwoods Inn might be the cheapest among them, but they're all fairly reasonable (I deliberately left off ones that are super pricey or wouldn't be friendly to partiers).

Lake Placid is a hometown of sorts for me, so if you have any other questions please let me know.

Peace,

Hart

Thanks Hart,

I think we found accomidations at mapleleafs inn. Cheap and seems close. Going to call and book tomorrow. You going to be at snow.down this year? You didnt mention mapleleafs inn. have you heard of it. It says its .8 of a mile from Olympic arena. Which seems like it would be close enough to walk.

Edited by Guest

Hey Jake,

Yeah, the Maple Leaf Inn isn't too far at all. By big city standards, it's super-close. A bit farther than the spots right on Main Street, but definitely walkable.

As for me, I really, really hope to make it this year. Last year was one of the best weekends of the year, and it all goes down on what is pretty much home turf for me. I'm living in Victoria now, but have already been looking for cheap flights. If I can find something reasonable, I'll be there for sure. This event (to me, at least) is worth flying across the country for.

Peace.

Thanks, I am going to book that place tomorrow. Found a room with two double beds for 105 a night. I really can't wait for this. Caught a lot of moe. shows last year and after seeing them in new york for new years just had to go to snow.down.

cheers,

Jake

last year the shuttle saved us every night...excpet the last night since we ended up at a house party till 4:20am

we were at the holiday inn and the shuttle keep goin further out ... super well organized!

I even randomly and very drunkenly ran into the O town crew at the back of de BUS... What a great weekend !!!