Jambands.ca

Hooligans

lickthecoil

Anybody see this movie? Elijah Wood. It's on the Movie Network On-demand. It's about football Firms and specifically West Ham's (Green Street). Anyways if you're into the English Football it presents a crazy aspect that us North Americans don't really hear about.

I have been a Leeds fan for years now and alway knew that the Service Crew (Leeds Firm) were pretty notorious, but I never really research the culture and what it was all about.

I was at a Crystal Palace game with a buddy in the standing supporters section. They were playing Fulham so a local derby. We were right across from their fans and the yelling back and forth made Michigan/Ohio State seem like best friends. He told me to kepp my mouth shut and cheers for the good guys (Palace) only no matter what. Until I saw this movie I didn't really give much thought to it, but I was right there - in it. Not the brawling, but with the hardcores.

I've seen some games at Leeds, but never been in the supporters section, just the normal area.

Anyways, good movie. Check it out if you're into soccer and if you're not it's interesting nonetheless. There is not much soccer in the movie, but lots of violence. It's needed though.

darren