Jambands.ca

Neon Bible = Quite Good...

shainhouse

I think it's a real leak of the album. The myspace rumour has never been confirmed.

I can confirm that rumour here.

I have the official Intervention single release, FLAC, and to my ear can't tell a difference between the leak and the single.

what I meant is that the intervention on the leak is the same version as the iTunes release and all other tracks are of a different sound quality.

A week and a half til my Montreal show!

Which one are you going to? I'll probably be at the Friday or Saturday show.

cheers

adambrot

as for items 1 and 2, without meaning to sound rude, but could you prove it? i'm a bit skeptical, for the only reason that you say it's confirmed but that's it... there has been a lot of rumour presented as fact on this board lately.

i'll be at the saturday show. you have some inside connections or something? it's been sold out for a while, i don't think there is any choice for the average joe as to what show they attend in this preview run...

I heard it briefly mentioned in casual conversation with members from the band but I also seem to remember an official posting by Win on the subject of the fake myspace pages. I'll try and find it and will post it here.

I do not have tickets but I'm on the guestlist. I haven't yet decided if I'm going to the Friday or Saturday show (or both!). If I'm around for the Saturday show, I'd be happy to meet for a pre-show beer with you.

cheers

adambrot

I also seem to remember an official posting by Win on the subject of the fake myspace pages.

Oh, well yeah I've seen that. But I thought that was just cryptic hype for the album. I didn't really believe it. No-one that I know has actually found one of those fake myspace pages with Neon Bible songs on it. That's why I was questioning it.

But hey, maybe it's true. Stranger things have happened.

AD

yeah, it is briefly mentioned in Win's diary on the arcadefire.com site but it is in flash and so I can't copy the text or link to a direct URL, but it's not hard to find. Whether it really happened to the extent alluded to, who knows?

I know these guys are real art-schoolers and are all about being cryptic and creating an aura of mystique. It is not so much for the hype but rather for a theatrical effect. I love it. For me, it adds another dimension to the music.

cheers

adambrot

• 3 weeks later...