Jambands.ca

Son Volt @ Mod Club April 12

NewRider

Take your earplugs!

because they're loud live or you just don't like them?

They were painfully loud at Bluesfest last year. Great tunes, but I had to walk away, it was probably the loudest show I've ever seen, and I saw Motorhead once and Big Sugar at least a dozen times.

I'd like to see them do the Gram Parsons cover of Drug Store Truck Driving Man that Jay Farrar did on the Return To Sin City DVD! Dang, I've gotta put that DVD on right now!

I would enjoy seeing Son Volt perform "Drug Store Truck Driving Man" as well, unfortunately I will be unable to attend this show as I will be seeing one of Gram Parson's old bandmates Chris Hillman on the same night at Hugh's Room.

I was hoping that the Son Volt show would go late and that I could possibly catch the end of their set after Hillman, but that looks not to be the case if they are said to be going on at 8:30pm.

Chris Hillman has not performed in Toronto in years and the Byrds are my all-time favorite American band. Also the fact that Jay Farrar is far younger than Hillman makes this a none decision.

Unfortunately in the late nineties on two separate occasions I missed Son Volt in Toronto both times to see Neil Young's Bridge School Concerts at the Shoreline in Mountain View, California. Again an easy decision to make, though unfortunately I never saw Son Volt's original lineup due to those conflicts. At least on this time around I have already have seen Son Volt's latest lineup.

Tim