Jambands.ca

Cold War Kids?

zero

Does anyone know this band? I've spent way too much time with new music on myspace lately and found this one song Hang Me Up To Dry by Cold War Kids that's quite good. Sort of interesting to me cause of the first line "careless in our summer clothes splashing around in the muck and the mire". It's really wry the singing and humour but pretty clearly I'd think a reference to Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm. It works anyways the line which is prominent. Last thing I heard out of Marc Friedman (do not move this post to the Slip forum) too- 'the muck and the mire'. Jokes.

yeah, they're a great band, i love the robbers and cowards disc... and that's a great tune, it's pretty grating, and almost hard to listen to at the end, and i think that's part of the appeal for me.

i mentioned before on here that when i saw them (for all of 20 minutes) at lollapalooza, they reminded me quite a bit of apollo sunshine, so i figure you'd dig 'em.

That's a really funny connection back to I guess the Slip camp. The line muck and the mire is classic cause it's from I think the fourth season and Larry's gone into a restaurant venture because he just you know can. His other investors are rightly freaking about the state of the business and Larry's on about like urinal dividers (doesn't like the look and glance). This asian woman investor is like 'Larry come on we're really in the mire here' to which Larry turns to Jeff and says 'well are we in the muck'. 'If we're in the mire I'm presuming we're also in the muck'. Jeff just gets this priceless grin on his face cause he feels Larry. It's one of the best moments in their whole 'friendship'- which probably shouldn't be in quotes.

Marc after the Hamilton Slip show was sort of decompressing and up in the green room and dropped it on me 'just getting out of the muck and mire'. Something about the look on his face and how funny Marc is in a Larry kind of way.