www.shadk.com

plus Sean Sax (Soul on Ice Radio)

and introducing Roz Bell

www.doyouknowrozbell.com

Revival Bar

783 College St. (College & Shaw), Toronto, Ontario

Cost : $10 Adv. $12 at the door

Buy Tickets online here:

http://www.ticketweb.ca/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&pl=&eventId=100879

Or buy Tickets in advance here:

TICKETS OUTLETS:

Soundscapes - 572 College, 416-537-1620

2 The Beat - 161 Spadina Ave – (416) 598-8120

Play De Record - 357A Yonge Street - (416) 586-0380

Rotate This - 620 Queen St. W – (416) 504-8447

Shanti Baba - 546 Queen St. W - (416) 504-5034

Sonic Temple - 5165 Yonge St - (416) 835-0035

CHECK OUT THE VIDEO HERE:

1-thumb.JPG

GOD MADE ME FUNKY

www.godMadeMeFunky.com

God Made Me Funky (GMMF) is the Funky live collective, out of Toronto, Ontario, comprised of a diverse array of musicians ranging from classically trained Jazz artists to street schooled Hip-Hop and RnB vocalists, all of which share the common bond of moving crowds and bringing the Funk in to the next millennium. Consisting of Vocalist - Wayne Tennant (Snow, Ivanna Santilli), Rapper - PHATT al (Len, Raggadeath), Keys - Sean Nimmons (Word People), Bass - Cam Dougall (Tom Phoolery), Guitar - Oliver Johnson (Ivanna Santilli, Glenn Lewis), Trumpet - Mark Jarvis (Big Rude Jake, Fuzzy Love), Sax - Arthur Kerekes (Monkey), and Drums - Alan Witz (Funky Hi-Life, Directions); GMMF has been widely recognized in the Toronto music scene for thier highly energetic and outstanding original music and live remixes of Funk, Soul, RnB, and Hip-Hop classics.

Formed in 1996 GMMF started out as an instrumental Funk fusion experiment. As the bands popularity grew vocalists were added to increase the range of songs the band could cover. Influences such as: Stevie Wonder, James Brown, Marvin Gaye, Sly and the Family Stone, Michael Jackson, Jamiroquai, the Roots, and D'Angelo were remixed with a 'new school' sound.

Now, after sharing the stage with such notable artists as Julie McKnight, Herbie Koffman, and Divine Earth Essence; And having played at North By North East, The Beaches Jazz Festival, Canadaian Music Week, countless fundraisers, and club gigs road testing the new original material to great response, GMMF has taken it to the studio. Recording their debut album, titled "God Mad Me Funky". The disc brings the pure musical energy of a live GMMF stage show combined with the superbly funky song writing of the band and lays down original recordings in the new grand tradition of the Modern Funk Movement. The first single "Subway" is set to be released to radio in Spring 2005, with the video shot by Matt Long (Ivana Santilli) @ Action Media; And has been chosen by the Parmelat Group (of Dairy Products) to be featured in their new "Pure Filter Milk" campaign.

As the band tours and introduces itself to its ever growing base of Funkoknots GMMF continues the trend of the forward thinking funksters that funked the world before them. God Made Me Funky: Welcome to the House of Nu-Funk.

1283362169_l.jpg

SHAD K

www.shadk.com

www.myspace.com/shad

Shad’s independent debut release, entitled When This Is Over is garnering rave reviews for its unique sound and lyrical ingenuity. With buzz surrounding his debut record and memorable performances, the future holds no limits for this young emcee.

1499933365_m.jpg

ROZ BELL

www.doyouknowrozbell.com

www.myspace.com/rozbell

If you can't quite pigeonhole Roz Bell's first single, "Yesterday Man," there's good reason.

There's a hint of The Police's reggae-rock in Roz's vocal delivery and the breakdown also reveals someone well-versed in hip-hop. The upbeat guitar strumming evokes a back porch sing-along, and the sad strains of the line "I'm so-oh lonely... when you leave me†could’ve been plucked from a classic country song.

It's the sum total of a wildly diverse set of influences all come together on Roz’s sweet debut album, The First Sunbeams. The album was produced almost entirely by James Robertson (Esthero, Skye Sweetnam), mixed by Neal Pogue (Outkast, Citizen Cope, Transplants) and features one song, "The Greatest Tragedy," shepherded by super-A&R man/producer Jeff Blue (he discovered Linkin Park and Macy Gray). It's an album made up of short, simple stories, the boy-meets-girl, boy-loses-girl sort of timeless songs that are the foundation for contemporary music.

Still, like every good music-loving youngster, he had to find his own music. "As a kid I was into Rick Astley, Huey Lewis, Hall and Oates, '80s pop music and stuff like that,†Roz says. "And once I found hip-hop in '87-'88 I just abandoned everything else." Hip-hop's hold on Roz went deep. He started writing rap songs at age 13 before discovering thoughtful rock in high school.

Few people can so effortlessly synthesize a youth full of country records, high school rap years and an emerging singer/songwriting streak into simple, genre-defying classic pop, but that's what Roz has done with The First Sunbeams.

1325660551_m.gif

SEAN SAX

www.soulonince.com

www.myspace.com/seansax

Producing, listening to, checkin' out, promoting, playing, researching and gaining greater knowledge about music; Sean Sax is one of Toronto's top Soul, RnB and Funk DJ. Right now, between the Fusicology partnership and DJying, Sean is one of the busiest players on the scene. As the host of the Soul On Ice Radio Show, Sean showcases soul luminaries such as Junior Giscombe, Barrie King, Dez Parkes, Kev Hill and Tony Monson as well as championing many unknown Canadian talent. Worldwide you can catch the show on Solar's url (www.solarradio.com) or on Canada's top internet underground beat music site Soul Stream (www.soulstreamnetworks.com).

this show is promoted by:

newlogowslogan.jpg

• 2 weeks later...