Jambands.ca

Richard Lloyd!

Freak By Night

Surprised you're not all over this one Jaimoe!

Guitarist for the iconic New York band Television makes a return for several dates in Ontario.

The dates look tentative for now, but I've got my fingers crossed for an Ottawa show.

These are the current date lines for my spring tour:

May 9th - Ottawa

May 10th - Toronto

May 11th - London

May 12th - Hamilton

May 13th - Oshawa

May 14th - Detroit, MI

May 15th - Chicago, IL

May 16th - Cleveland, OH

May 17th - Philadelphia, PA

May 18th - NYC / Boston

May 19th - NYC / Boston

These are the probable dates, subject to venue and date changes

Edited by Guest
removed "former' as per Jaimoe's expertise

I'm off that night, but I gotta go to a wedding the next day. I'm saying now that I'm going to the concert.

Lloyd has had an 'ecclectic' solo career. Some highlights include: a few critically received albums; playing lead on three of the best Matthew Sweet albums (Girlfriend, Altered Beast and 100% Fun); producing and playing with the revived proto-punk legends Rocket From The Tombs; and interestingly, giving guitar lessons to rock stars (like Jeff Tweedy).

The re-release of his second album Field of Fire includes the original album along with bonus tracks. These tracks are an entire re-do of the original album.

If anyone is off that night and is keen to see a rock guitar pioneer in the flesh, then come on out. You'll be hard-pressed to see his 'other' band Television live since they don't tour much, other than a couple of dates a year (mostly in Europe).