Jambands.ca

MusiChaos line up, schedule and info update!!

phishin4mango

Hey all!

In case you get this email and this is the first time you've heard, we're having a music festival here at Kimbercote FArm this weekend, called MusiChaos! There are 10 bands playing from noon to 2am (and possibly beyond) on Saturday and you're welcome to come! Admission is a suggested donation of $10 - includes music and camping. There will also be workshops happening. Read more for important details. Directions to Kimbercote are on our website www.kimbercote.org

The first thing i need to communicate is that this music festival is being organized by a bunch of volunteers who have generously donated their entire reason for being for the last couple of weeks to this project.

Second is that this festival is part of a 3 week event here at Kimbercote Farm called Chaos in August (see website for more info-plz read Community Norms). This is a community of individuals and groups that are interested and active in social and environmental movements. We'd like MusiChaos to be reflective of the positive atmosphere we're fostering here, including respect for the land, ourselves and each other.

We hope you can make it!!!

PLAYLIST

Here is the set list (finally!!!) for the Music Festival.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON, EVENING & NIGHT

12-1230 - Kimberfolk

1230-130 - Open Stage - find Katie if you want to play a song or 2...

130-230 - Vigilant Resistance

250-350 - Shelby & Elmo

410-510 - Uncle Seth

530-630 - Super Jam - an open collaboration of musicians

630-700 - Scott Stiles

710-900 - Fathers of Procrastination

920-1040 - Mike Filipowitsch

1055-1245 - Paul Aitken Band

100-200am - Neill Brown

200-whenever - Freetekno (i haven't been able to access my Kimbercote email for 2 days now, so i'm not sure if they can make it or not - FREETEKNO: PLEASE EMAIL ME AT CANADASUN33@HOTMAIL.COM)

This schecule is really tight, so we need musicians to stick to the time slot they are given.

VOLUNTEERS

We are still in need of volunteers, so if you're interested, find Lisa when you get here and sign up to help out as:

-vibe watcher

-gate keeper

-first aider

-dish washer

-security

-sound techie (find Katie)

ACCOMMODATION

Don't forget to bring a tent!!! If you are a musician and you haven't received my email requesting details (# of people in band, # of beds needed, food allergies, etc), then bring a tent. The farmhouse is pretty much full and if you haven't responded to my email, then I haven't reserved beds for you. I haven't been able to access my Kimbercote email for 2 days now, so if you sent the email after Tuesday morning, I didn't get it. Sorry...technical difficulties out of my control...

FOOD

In terms of food, we are having a KimberKitchen (very similar to a KindKitchen that is set up at other festivals). If you want to participate in this communal cooking/eating/cleaning experience, please BRING 2 BAGS OF FRESH PRODUCE (FRUIT & VEGGIES) TO CONTRIBUTE AND THEN HELP OUT WITH DISHES. If you're not into this, please feel free to bring your own food to prepare...NOTE: there are NO kitchen facilities available for personal use.

GLASS

Please DO NOT BRING GLASS BOTTLES to the festival. We are offering 110 acres of barefoot-friendly land to play on and we would like to keep it that way.

Thank you to all of you for being a part of this festival and helping to make it happen.

See you this weekend!

Katie

Cool! Good to see the schedule posted, should be a GREAT day! Burtman acoustic is always a blast. [big Grin]

Hey, so do we know yet who's in on the "Super Jam"? Obviously the Uncle Seth folks will be set-up beforehand, so we'd be thrilled to participate in this, and possibly share some of our gear if needed... anyone in the know on this?!?

Peace,

Mr. M.

Hi everyone,

The power is on at the farm, so everything is on schedule. I am leaving shortly to go up to the farm, can't wait to see everyone. P.S. Neill Brown has cancelled, so there will be more of a super jam (however Jonas can not make it) Remember to bring up two bags of produce if you want to eat great vegan/veggy food all weekend....see you there...P.S. Mary if you read this, call the farm...there is a slot now for CONTACT so can you get a ride up with them? If not I will come back to T.O. and get you tommorow, call the farm at 1 888 862-3588 Cheers

Wow! What a great weekend!!! Katie and Jay...beautiful, and thanks to everyone else that contributed in one way or another!

The music was wonderful, and I can't express how great it felt to be back up in that area.

It was great to see the Uncle Seth crew, and of course Willy and LeeAnn's smiling faces! [big Grin] And anyone else that joined us on top of the mountain!

I really hope MusiChaos is able to be a yearly event! [smile]

Sunshine [Wink]

TOO MUCH FUN!!!

I had such a good time...everything was so great.

Good to see the beautiful Sunshine....and her handsome brother....

and (as usual) it was great putting some faces to the names...

thanks to the great folks at the farm for the bed....it was quite cozy...

and thanks to Jay for the Beer!

hope they'll be one next year!!

The music was great! Scottie's spontaneous jam was amazing! Burtman completely impressed me with both his ability on the acoustic and his stage presence. The thing that really blew me away was the Paul Aitken Band. You Londoners are spoiled getting to watch music of that calibre all the time. They were awesome! I really enjoyed myself at the 'fire on the hill' with the lot of you afterwards. So many great people, great conversations, and GREAT laugh sessions.

Love and peace!

Hey cats,

Just rollin home now. What a spectacular time! Great to hang out with everybody. I have some awesome pics if y'all want to email me scottieking at hotmail. Triple yay to Katie, Jay and everyone for hosting a great little gathering. Some random memories:

- first and foremost, great sets by all musicians

- the hill (it was ALL worth it once you got to the top)

- graeco-roman wrestling to slow jazz

- the unforunate glow-stick explosion

good solid fun. see you soon.

I have to admit that the glow stick explosion was the funniest thing I have ever seen. You guys are a bunch of cards and should be dealt with! [big Grin]

For those who don't know:

Scottie and some other dude decided that it would be a good idea to try and get a glow stick open. Apparently, they aren't that easy to open. So after watching them struggle with it and a swiss army knife for a couple of minutes, most of us turned our attention back to the fire. All of a sudden we hear them scream, "Oh shit!" When we turned around the two of them were speckled head to toe with glow in the dark liquid. I almost wet myself it was so funny. They had it all over their faces and and all over their clothes. I tell you, it was one of the absolute highlights of my life. Thanks guys!

Archived