Jambands.ca

Land Of Talk in Ottawa Saturday, March 24

bradm

Zaphod's has is billed like Land of Talk are second on. (Go early, see all the bands) Land Of Talk played something like 9 shows over 4 days in Austin last week and are super tight right now. Great band, they will blow up very soon so get to Zaphod's this weekend. Menomena are great too. Don't know much about Field Music.

$10 advance I think.

Thanks, dave-O, I'll try to download it when I get home (and my access to sendspace isn't blocked). (I doubt I'll be at this show, as I'd like a nice quiet Saturday at home, and Land Of Talk didn't impress me much when I saw them in December.)

Aloha,

Brad

hey brad - i understand about a quiet night at home. the land of talk show opening for the slip was crap, you're right. there was no crowd in a cavernous bar, the crowd that was there didn't care about the openers, and they hadn't played much in the run-up to that show.

BUT

they are steamrolling right now, playing lots of packed small clubs - big things are coming.

they might not be your thing, which is fine. but i wouldn't write them off based on the opening slot for The Slip. you'll definitely be hearing more about them.

Thanks, AD, I'll keep that in mind. If I get really impressed with the Field Music dave-O uploaded, I might just show up...and maybe not record the show*... :o

Aloha,

Brad

* Which would be the first show I've gone to but not recorded since 2007-01-18.

I've got Field Music going right now (thanks, dave-O), and it's pretty good: it sounds like a quintessentially British pop album, and has pretty good production. It doesn't really compel me to want to see them, however.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

I learned today that Field Music contains members of Futureheads. Interesting.

Doors - 8

Field Music - 8:30-9:00

Land Of Talk - 9:15-10:00

Menomena - 10:15-11:00

I'm still a game-time decision on this show. Lots of shows next week so I don't know if I need to go to this.